The Lichfield Prize 2017 - Call for entries is now open with prizes worth £1200
Deadline for submissions: 06/06/2017 | Venue: Emporium 32 Bird St Lichfield WS13 6PR & Lichfield Cathedral | City: Lichfield | Region: Staffordshire | Country: United Kingdom | Created by: Emporium Art GalleryReport this?
Emporium, in association with Lichfield Festival invites emerging and established artists countrywide to participate in their annual visual arts competition.
Under the exhibition title Dreams and Extremes artists are invited to creatively interpret this year's competition theme which focuses on America; a land of hopes and dreams, and extremes of terrain and temperature, of colour, creed, culture and colonisation.
This very topical subject, as well as a wide historical or geographical brief, invites interpretation and artistic expression with paintings, drawings, printmaking, sculpture, textiles, mixed media, film or photography.
First Prize - £500 cash sponsored by Lichfield BID & a solo exhibition at Emporium
The People’s Choice - £200 cash sponsored by Keelys LLP Solicitors
This new prize will be awarded to the artist who receives the most votes from exhibition visitors.
Competition finalists will be exhibited at Lichfield Cathedral and more selected entries exhibited at Emporium for the duration of the Lichfield Festival 7th – 15th July.
Make a submission Contact the curator
• Paintings, drawings, printmaking, sculpture, textiles, mixed media, film and photography are welcome.
• 2D work should not exceed 1.5m in any direction including frame.
• 3D work should be portable by one person and not exceed 1.5m in any direction.
• Work submitted must be original and the artist must undertake that he/she holds all moral and intellectual property rights in that work and that the work does not infringe the moral and intellectual property rights belonging to any third party.
• Work should have been made since 2015.
• Emporium reserves the right to exclude work that poses a health and safety risk or is deemed inappropriate in content.
• Digital images for each entry should include the entry titles and be high resolution JPEGS.
• Online by Bank Transfer: to Emporium, HSBC Sort Code 40 28 18, Acct N° 71867865.
• By post: cheques only, made payable to “Emporium”.
• In person: by cash, card or cheque, made payable to “Emporium”, 32 Bird St Lichfield WS13 6PR
• If payment is not received by 5pm Tuesday 6th June 2017, Emporium reserves the right to refuse entry.
• Shortlisted works should be delivered to Emporium by 5pm Saturday 24th June 2017.
• A receipt will be given on delivery of the work which must be used to claim the work.
• All wall-mounted work should be fitted with picture string/ wire. (Mirror plates or clip frames cannot be accepted.)
• Corners and vulnerable parts of works must be protected and remain securely in place during handling.
• The sale price should include 50% commission which will be deducted by Emporium.
• If work is sold, the buyer will make the payment in full and the artist will be asked to invoice Emporium for their portion of the sale price within 30 days following the exhibition.
• The work will remain on display until the end of the exhibition and the buyer will be responsible for collecting the work.
• The Judges decision is final.
• Results of the selection will be notified by Thursday 29th June 2017.
• The People’s Choice prize of £200 cash sponsored by Keelys LLP Solicitors will be decided by public ballot.
• Work that is unsold at the end of the exhibition should be collected by 5pm Saturday 22nd July 2017.
• The receipt is required to claim the work.
• Emporium reserves the right to dispose of work that is not collected on time.
• The winner of The People’s Choice will be announced at the close of the exhibition.
• The exhibition will run from 7th – 15th July 2017.
- Notification of short listing for the exhibition by: Tuesday 13th June 2017
- Delivery of short listed artwork(s) to Emporium by: 5pm Saturday 24th June 2017
- Notification of selection for the exhibition by: Thursday 29th June 2017
- Collection of artwork if not selected for the exhibition by: 5pm Saturday 1st July 2017
- Winners announced: Prize winner at the exhibition launch Friday 7th July 2017 & the People’s Choice winner at the close of the exhibition
- Exhibition to run from: 7th–15th July 2017
- Collection of unsold work by: 5pm Saturday 22nd July 2017
You must have an account to make a submission using CuratorSpace. It's free and only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You'll need to log in to make a submission to this opportunity.
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest updates about new and upcoming opportunities
Dollspace is a project space situated in a Doll’s House in North London. Throughout 2017 we... Call for artist
We're looking for an artist who produces imagery or poetry relating to water in order for us to... The isthisit? Residency - April Resident
Open call for submissions for an online, month long, residency - to be featured on the isthisit?...