Terms and conditions
- These terms and conditions govern your use of our websites - CuratorSpace (https://www.curatorspace.com) and CuratorSpace Courses (https://courses.curatorspace.com).
- By using our websites, you accept these terms and conditions in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our websites.
- If you register on our websites, submit any material to our websites or use any of our website services, we will ask you to expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to use our websites; and by using our websites or agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Copyright 2021 CuratorSpace.
Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions:
- we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our websites and the material on our websites excluding those detailed in section 12 of these terms and conditions; and
- all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our websites and the material on our websites are reserved.
Licence to use websites
- view pages from our websites in a web browser;
- download pages from our websites for caching in a web browser;
- print pages from our websites;
- stream audio and video files from our websites; and
- use our websites services by means of a web browser,
- Except as expressly permitted by Section 3.1 or the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our websites or save any such material to your computer.
- You may only use our websites for your own personal and business purposes, and you must not use our websites for any other purposes.
- Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our websites.
- Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- republish material from our websites (including republication on another websites);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from our websites;
- show any material from our websites in public;
- exploit material from our websites for a commercial purpose; or
- redistribute material from our websites.
- Notwithstanding Section 3.5, you may redistribute our newsletter in print and electronic form to any person.
- We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our websites, or indeed our whole of our websites, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our websites.
- You may:
You must not:
- use our websites in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the websites or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the websites;
- use our websites in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- use our websites to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our websites without our express written consent;
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our websites; or
- use data collected from our websites for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
- You must not use data collected from our websites to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities, excepting where given permission by the aforementioned individuals or companies or other persons or entities.
- You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our websites, or in relation to our websites, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
- You must not:
Use on behalf of organisation
If you use our websites or expressly agree to these terms and conditions in the course of a business or other
organisational project, then by so doing you bind both:
- yourself; and
- the person, company or other legal entity that operates that business or organisational project,
- If you use our websites or expressly agree to these terms and conditions in the course of a business or other organisational project, then by so doing you bind both:
Registration and accounts
- To be eligible for an individual account on our websites under this Section 6, you must be at least 18 years of age.
- You may register for an account with our websites by completing and submitting the account registration form on either of our websites, and clicking on the verification link in the email that the website will send to you.
- You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account.
- You must not use any other person's account to access the websites, unless you have that person's express permission to do so.
- You can only register one account with us, which can then be used on all of our services and on both websites. Should we find that you have opened multiple or duplicate Accounts, without limiting any other rights or remedies available to us, we will close all but one account.
User IDs and passwords
- If you register for an account with our website, you will be asked to choose a user ID and password.
- Your user ID must not be liable to mislead and must comply with the content rules set out in Section 13; you must not use your account or user ID for or in connection with the impersonation of any person.
- You must keep your password confidential.
- You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any disclosure of your password.
- You are responsible for any activity on our websites arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
Cancellation and suspension of account
- suspend your account;
- cancel your account; and/or
- edit your account details,
- You may cancel your account subscription on our websites using your account control panel on the websites. You will not be entitled to any refund if you cancel your account subscription in accordance with this Section 8.2.
- We may:
- To become a subscriber to our website services, you must pay the applicable subscription fees after you have registered for an account with our website. We will send you an acknowledgement of your order. The contract between us for the supply of the subscription-specific website services shall come into force upon the issue of the order acknowledgement.
- You will have the opportunity to identify and correct input errors prior to making your order using your account control panel.
- For so long as your account and subscription remain active in accordance with these terms and conditions, you will benefit from the features specified on our website in relation to your subscription type.
- We may from time to time vary the benefits associated with a subscription by posting a new subscription description on our website, providing that if in our reasonable opinion such a variation results in a substantial loss of value or functionality, you shall have the right to cancel your subscription, and we will refund to you a pro rata amount of the fee paid in respect of your subscription, such amount to be calculated by us using any reasonable methodology.
- At the end of any period of subscription for which you have paid, and subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions, your subscription will be automatically renewed and you must pay to us the applicable subscription fees, unless you cancel the subscription using the cancellation facility on our website before the date of renewal.
- The fees in respect of our website services will be as set out on the website from time to time.
- All amounts stated in these terms and conditions or on our website are stated inclusive of VAT.
- You must pay to us the fees in respect of our website services in advance, in cleared funds, in accordance with any instructions on our website.
- We may vary fees from time to time by posting new fees on our website, but this will not affect fees for services that have been previously paid.
- If you dispute any payment made to us, you must contact us immediately and provide full details of your claim.
If you make an unjustified credit card, debit card or other charge-back then you will be liable to pay us,
within 7 days following the date of our written request:
- an amount equal to the amount of the charge-back;
- all third party expenses incurred by us in relation to the charge-back (including charges made by our or your bank or payment processor or card issuer);
- all our reasonable costs, losses and expenses incurred in recovering the amounts referred to in this Section 10.6 (including without limitation legal fees and debt collection fees),
- If you owe us any amount under or relating to these terms and conditions, we may suspend or withdraw the provision of services to you.
- We may at any time set off any amount that you owe to us against any amount that we owe to you, by sending you written notice of the set-off.
Payment processing services
- Payment processing services for third-party organisations accepting fees or payments through CuratorSpace may be provided at the discretion of CuratorSpace. CuratorSpace reserves the right to refuse these services to third-party organisations on a case-by-case basis.
- Any payments made using CuratorSpace’s payment portal are made directly to the organisations who have listed the open call, event, or course on CuratorSpace or CuratorSpace Courses. CuratorSpace is not liable for any disputes or issues connected with these payments and any disputes concerning the payments should be raised with the organisations or individuals to whom the payments have been made.
- Payment processing services for organisations on CuratorSpace are provided by Stripe and are subject to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement, which includes the Stripe Terms of Service (collectively, the “Stripe Services Agreement”). By agreeing to these terms or continuing to operate as a organisationm on CuratorSpace, you agree to be bound by the Stripe Services Agreement, as the same may be modified by Stripe from time to time. As a condition of CuratorSpace enabling payment processing services through Stripe, you agree to provide CuratorSpace accurate and complete information about you and your business, and you authorize CuratorSpace to share it and transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by Stripe.
- This Section 11 applies if and only if you contract with us as a consumer.
You may cancel a contract entered into with us through our website at any time within the period:
- beginning upon the submission of your order; and
- ending at the end of the period of 7 working days starting on the day after the day upon which the contract was concluded,
- You agree that we may begin the performance of a contract before the expiry of the period referred to in Section 11.2.
- In order to cancel a contract on the basis described in this Section 11, you must give to us written notice of cancellation, which may be sent to the business address or email address specified on our website.
- If you cancel an order on the basis described in this Section 11, you will receive a full refund of the amount you paid to us in respect of the order.
- We will usually refund money using the same method used to make the payment.
- We will process the refund due to you as a result of a cancellation on the basis described in this Section 11 as soon as possible and, in any case, within the period of 30 days following the day we receive your valid notice of cancellation.
Your content: licence
You retain ownership of and responsibility for Content you create or own ("Your Content"). If you're
uploading anything you did not create yourself or do not own the rights to, you agree that you are
responsible for any Content you post; that you will only submit Content that you have the right to post;
and that you will fully comply with any third party licenses relating to Content you post.
Because you retain ownership of and responsibility for Your Content, we need you to grant us certain legal permissions, listed below. These license grants apply to Your Content.
- In these terms and conditions, "Your Content" means all works and materials (including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files) that you submit to us or our website for storage or publication on, processing by, or transmission via, our website.
We need the legal right to do things like host Your Content, publish it, and share it. You grant us and our
legal successors the right to store, parse, and display Your Content, and make incidental copies as
necessary to render the Website and provide the Service. This includes the right to do things like copy it
to our database and make backups; show it to you and other users; parse it into a search index or otherwise
analyze it on our servers; share it with other users; and perform it, in case Your Content is something
like music or video.
This license does not grant CuratorSpace the right to sell Your Content or otherwise distribute or use it outside of our provision of the Service.
You retain all moral rights to Your Content that you upload, publish, or submit to any part of the Service,
including the rights of integrity and attribution. However, you waive these rights and agree not to assert
them against us, to enable us to reasonably exercise the rights granted in Section D.4, but not otherwise.
To the extent this agreement is not enforceable by applicable law, you grant CuratorSpace the rights we need to use Your Content without attribution and to make reasonable adaptations of Your Content as necessary to render the Website and provide the Service.
- You may edit your content to the extent permitted using the editing functionality made available on our website.
- Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach any provision of these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may delete, unpublish or edit any or all of your content.
- You retain ownership of and responsibility for Content you create or own ("Your Content"). If you're uploading anything you did not create yourself or do not own the rights to, you agree that you are responsible for any Content you post; that you will only submit Content that you have the right to post; and that you will fully comply with any third party licenses relating to Content you post.
Your content: rules
- You warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms and conditions.
- Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these terms and conditions, must not:
- be libellous or maliciously false;
- be obscene or indecent;
- infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation;
- constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- constitute an incitement to commit a crime;
- be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- be in breach of official secrets legislation;
- be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
- depict violence, in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner;
- be pornographic;
- be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage;
- constitute spam;
- If you learn of any unlawful material or activity on our websites, or any material or activity that breaches these terms and conditions, please let us know.
- You can let us know by email or by using our abuse reporting form.
- Limited warranties
We do not warrant or represent:
- the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our websites;
- that the material on the websites is up to date; or
- that the websites or any service on the website will remain available.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our websites, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent that these terms and conditions expressly provide otherwise, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the websites.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section 16.1, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our websites and the use of our websites.
- We do not warrant or represent:
Limitations and exclusions of liability
Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
- limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law,
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 16 and elsewhere in these terms and
- are subject to Section 16.1; and
- govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
- To the extent that our websites and the information and services on our websites are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
You hereby indemnify us, and undertake to keep us indemnified, against any and all losses, damages, costs,
liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to a third
party in settlement of a claim or dispute) incurred or suffered by us and arising directly or indirectly out
- any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions; or
- your use of our website.
- You hereby indemnify us, and undertake to keep us indemnified, against any and all losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute) incurred or suffered by us and arising directly or indirectly out of:
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and
conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any
way, we may:
- send you one or more formal warnings;
- temporarily suspend your access to our website;
- permanently prohibit you from accessing our website;
- block computers using your IP address from accessing our website;
- contact any or all your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website;
- commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
- suspend or delete your account on our website.
- Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
- Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
Third party websites
- Our website includes hyperlinks to other websites owned and operated by third parties; such hyperlinks are not recommendations.
- We have no control over third party websites and their contents, and subject to Section 16.1 we accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- The third party registered and unregistered trade marks or service marks on our website are the property of their respective owners and, unless stated otherwise in these terms and conditions, we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such we cannot grant any licence to exercise such rights.
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
- We will give you written notice of any revision of these terms and conditions, and the revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of our website from the date that we give you such notice; if you do not agree to the revised terms and conditions, you must stop using our website]
- You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions − providing, if you are a consumer, that such action does not serve to reduce the guarantees benefiting you under these terms and conditions.
- You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
- If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
Third party rights
- These terms and conditions are for our benefit and your benefit, and are not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
- The exercise of the parties' rights under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
- Subject to Section 16.1, these terms and conditions, together with our privacy and cookies policy, constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our website.
Law and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
- Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Statutory and regulatory disclosures
- We will not file a copy of these terms and conditions specifically in relation to each user or customer and, if we update these terms and conditions, the version to which you originally agreed will no longer be available on our website. We recommend that you consider saving a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
- These terms and conditions are available in the English language only.
- This website is owned and operated by CuratorSpace.
- You can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to CuratorSpace, c/o Platform, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 4BT.
CuratorSpace isn't another listings website; it's a place where curators and organisers can use custom online forms to allow artists to apply to their opportunity. It also allows you to see and manage all submissions made to your opportunity on the website, and to contact contributors directly.
Register now and you can start making submissions and even create your first opportunity for free.