Call for Artists: DISRUPTION WORKS
Deadline: 17/12/2021 | Published: 01/09/2021 | City: Bexley | Region: London | Country: United Kingdom | Megan Stuart
DISRUPTION WORKS, SET TO BEGIN AT GALLERY NO.32 SEPTEMBER 2021. We seek art that disrupts, provokes and immobilises its audience to find answers, or creates a space of possibility where truth can be found. SUBMIT.
DISRUPTION WORKS aims to embolden these projects and display them to a broader audience. We seek art that disrupts, provokes and immobilises its audience to find answers, or creates a space of possibility where truth can be found.
Submissions to be hosted virtually will be accessible via QR code mounted to a reworked road sign on an accessible outdoor site at Gallery No.32, London.
In-person, OUTSIDE Space:
Information for submissions of performances/installations to be hosted in the outdoor space at Gallery No.32:
- Work will be displayed outdoors 24/7 and will need to withstand the elements, with wind and rain being a key issue to factor into your proposal.
- We are especially keen to host participatory art. Encouraging an audience to take part promotes new emancipatory social relations. With members of the public able to approach the artwork, please consider any risks your artwork may pose to them.
- The site will be open to the public 24/7. We cannot guarantee the safety of your work, so stability and security are important factors within the application. There are trees across the orchard that can be used to support this.
- We cannot guarantee the availability of an electrical hook-up for sound, light etc. We encourage work that uses solar energy if necessary.
- RE-USE & LEAVE NO TRACE. As with all work hosted at Gallery No.32 recycling of materials and use of found materials is encouraged. Work must also cause no damage to the surrounding natural habitat Gallery No.32 is hosted within.
APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW, PLEASE SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS THROUGH CURATORSPACE. If you have any problems submitting, or need a more accessible submission form/method, please do not hesitate to contact.
Gallery No.32 has been a zero-expenditure project. Consequently, we have been able to retain the aim of a non-profit, non-expenditure project. Because of this, we do not charge for applications or use of the space, and in return we do not offer payment for participation. Gallery No.32 is a neutral zone, promoting creative exchange.
You must have an account to make a submission using CuratorSpace. It's free and only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You'll need to log in to make a submission to this opportunity.
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
the MASS is a monthly online collection of discursive art, articles, opinions, prompts,... SCULPTURE IN THE CITY - 11th Edition: 3D Sculpture Category
Sculpture in the City is an award-winning urban sculpture park which launches every year in... SCULPTURE IN THE CITY - 11th Edition: 2D Graphic Installation Category
Sculpture in the City is an award-winning urban sculpture park which launches every year in...