g_URL 2.0 / techno utopia
Deadline: 18/05/2018 | Published: 07/03/2018 | Venue: sluice, Bohemia Place | City: Hackney Central, London | Region: London | Country: United Kingdom | Alexandra HullReport this?
g_URL, a curatorial project that collaborates with female artists who incorporate and/or investigate technology within their practise, is inviting artists from all disciplines to apply to participate in our next show, due to take place in July.
- Is a technological utopia possible? If so, what does it look/sound/feel like?
- How useful is the concept of utopia to a progressive feminism? What does a feminist technoutopia look like?
- How can utopian ideas activate space, or how can space activate utopia?
- Are utopias inherently exclusionary? How does a female utopia interact with class, race, gender?
- Has technology enabled elements of utopia to exist today?
Should we be working towards a utopia at all?
We’re interested in any other interactions with this theme and are keen to open other dialogues, so do get in touch.
During the week, it is to be confirmed, but potentially on appointment.
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
Cooltzine is the extension of Cooltsalon, platform for ideas and creativity exchange in urban... Open Call for Artists | 'Alpha - Theta' exhibition
Art Number 23 is a London-based organisation, mainly responsible for curating art exhibitions... Call for Articles - The Critical Fish; Beneath the surface of Arts and Visual Culture
We're pleased to announce the Call for Articles for our first ever issue (launching May...