Ones To Watch 2022
Deadline: 30/01/2022 | Published: 10/12/2021 | City: Leeds | Region: West Yorkshire | Country: United Kingdom | Sunny Bank Mills
Ones to Watch; our annual exhibition for creative students and 2021 graduates currently studying in or from Yorkshire is back!
Please submit your work to be considered for Sunny Bank Mills annual Ones To Watch exhibition!
This will be the 9th Ones to Watch exhibition. In the last 8 years over 275 Yorkshire based emerging artists have had the opportunity to exhibit in a professional setting. Many have sold work and continue to be stocked in the Gallery or feature in future exhibitions.
We are looking for artists, makers, designers and creatives working in all media; painting, sculpture, jewellery, ceramics, film, sound, text, glass, metal, performance, wood, furniture, and more...
The exhibition takes place over 2 months: 19th March to 8th May 2022.
Always free to enter.
External judges from the art industry will assist in the selection of exhibitors and present a judges prize. Our panel comprises Artist Jenny West, Lecturer and academic Gill Park and Programme Director at the Art House, Damon Jackson-Waldock who will be sharing their expertise and experience with our gallery team to select this year's exhibitors.
What's in it for me
- The opportunity to exhibit in a professional, established independent gallery with extensive social media + website coverage and visitor numbers. Featured in The Times in 2020 as one of the few galleries to have a live exhibition supporting graduate artists when many degree shows were virtual or cancelled.
- Professional photographs of the exhibition and your work.
- The opportunity to meet and network with other artists from across the region.
- Support on how to present, price and sell your work commercially.
- Judges Prize and People's Choice Prize (voted for by visitors to the gallery) will receive money.
- Winners and runners up take part in the Ones to Watch artist residencies with free studio space for a month. (5 residencies last year)
To be eligible for this opportunity you must be either:
- a current student on a creative degree in Yorkshire
- a 2021 graduate from a creative degree in Yorkshire (including postgrad)
- a current student/or 2021 graduate from a creative degree outside of Yorkshire, if you were originally born, from or reside in Yorkshire.
The submission deadline is 30 January 2022.
Sunny Bank Mills Gallery
Mid-way between Leeds and Bradford; 3000 square feet of light airy exhibition and performance space in a former textile mill. Also home to the mill's Textile Archive, artist studios and a number of creative businesses including graphic designers, commercial photographers, and more.
Contact the curator
a current student on a creative degree in Yorkshire
a 2021 graduate from a creative degree in Yorkshire (including postgraduate)
a current student/or 2021 graduate from a creative degree outside of Yorkshire, if you were originally born, from or reside in Yorkshire.
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
Join us for the NTKO Gallery two-week summer open exhibition. All styles, mediums, and prices... Feel Good Zine
Open call to be featured in a new arts and mental health zine. Photo Fringe OPEN Digital
Photo Fringe invites artists using digital technology to propose an innovative,...