ORBIT: Open Call for May Instagram Residencies for emerging artists
Deadline: 22/04/2019 | Published: 27/03/2019 | City: Liverpool | Region: Merseyside | Country: United Kingdom | Elizabeth ChallinorReport this?
ORBIT is (for the timebeing) an online initiative, aiming to support and showcase the work of emerging artists and writers throughout the UK, with the initial aim of publishing reviews/articles and hosting residencies on a weekly basis. ORBIT hopes to act as a platform for discussion and collaboration between artists at all different stages of their career from all across the country.
ORBIT is a new online initiative aiming to support and showcase the work of emerging artists and writers. We are looking to host weekly residencies on our instagram page (@orrbbitt) to support the development of artists in the early stages of their careers, and help to expose their work to a wider audience in the hope that they can forge connections with other artists working across the country.
Residencies can consist of whatever the artist desires. Whether you want to just share your work with other people and tell us a bit about your practice, or you have a specific project that you want to carry out that our platform would be suitable for, we will be able to accomodate you.
- Residencies will be submitted/accepted through an ongoing open call, with the applications ending at the end of every month, and the residency program beginning at the start of every month.
- Each residency will last no longer than a week - You can choose to do just a couple of days, or the full 7 days, as long as you make us aware of this in your application.
- The residencies program will be announced on a monthly basis, and featured on the ORBIT instagram page (@orrbbitt), before being archived on our website at the end of the month.
- To apply, send us up to 5 examples of your work, a short statement about your artistic practice, and a proposal for what you plan to do during your time with the instagram residency, along with contact details, etc.
- If you are not selected for the monthly programme, your details/submissions will be kept on file for consideration for the next monthly residencies.
MAY PROGRAMME DATES
Mon 29th (April) - Sun 5th (May)
Mon 6th - Sun 12th
Mon 13th - Sun 19st
Mon 20th - Sun 26th
Mon 27th - Sun 2nd (June)
DEADLINE - MONDAY 22ND APRIL
Make a submission
Contact the curator
Successful Applicants will be contacted by Fri 26th April at the latest.
You must have an account to make a submission using CuratorSpace. It's free and only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You'll need to log in to make a submission to this opportunity.
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
Penny Thoughts is a free newsletter publication that is distributed around Manchester and now... Outdoor Arts Creative Placements (paid & unpaid)
Walk the Plank and Manchester City Council are offering paid and unpaid placements to new... Our Place in the Seven Heavens
Curated and Produced with Becky Nuttall to support the 2019 English Riviera UNESCO Global...