ORBIT: Open Call for May Instagram Residencies for emerging artists
Deadline: 22/04/2019 | Published: 27/03/2019 | City: Liverpool | Region: Merseyside | Country: United Kingdom | Elizabeth Challinor
ORBIT is (for the timebeing) an online initiative, aiming to support and showcase the work of emerging artists and writers throughout the UK, with the initial aim of publishing reviews/articles and hosting residencies on a weekly basis. ORBIT hopes to act as a platform for discussion and collaboration between artists at all different stages of their career from all across the country.
ORBIT is a new online initiative aiming to support and showcase the work of emerging artists and writers. We are looking to host weekly residencies on our instagram page (@orrbbitt) to support the development of artists in the early stages of their careers, and help to expose their work to a wider audience in the hope that they can forge connections with other artists working across the country.
Residencies can consist of whatever the artist desires. Whether you want to just share your work with other people and tell us a bit about your practice, or you have a specific project that you want to carry out that our platform would be suitable for, we will be able to accomodate you.
- Residencies will be submitted/accepted through an ongoing open call, with the applications ending at the end of every month, and the residency program beginning at the start of every month.
- Each residency will last no longer than a week - You can choose to do just a couple of days, or the full 7 days, as long as you make us aware of this in your application.
- The residencies program will be announced on a monthly basis, and featured on the ORBIT instagram page (@orrbbitt), before being archived on our website at the end of the month.
- To apply, send us up to 5 examples of your work, a short statement about your artistic practice, and a proposal for what you plan to do during your time with the instagram residency, along with contact details, etc.
- If you are not selected for the monthly programme, your details/submissions will be kept on file for consideration for the next monthly residencies.
MAY PROGRAMME DATES
Mon 29th (April) - Sun 5th (May)
Mon 6th - Sun 12th
Mon 13th - Sun 19st
Mon 20th - Sun 26th
Mon 27th - Sun 2nd (June)
DEADLINE - MONDAY 22ND APRIL
Contact the curator
Successful Applicants will be contacted by Fri 26th April at the latest.
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
2020 will see the City of London Corporation deliver a significant new outdoor arts programme... Snow & Fire Festival, North Iceland
Collaborative open call working throughout February to celebrate the small yet mountainous... Artist In Residence at Lumen Studios 2020
Lumen invites artists or artists groups to apply for a two week residency between the months of...