PAGES: 19th International Contemporary Artists' Book Fair
Deadline: 01/11/2015 | Published: 21/09/2015 | Venue: The Tetley | City: Leeds | Region: West Yorkshire | Country: United Kingdom | Pages Leeds
We are now inviting submissions for participation at the 19th Leeds International Contemporary Artists' Book Fair at The Tetley, Leeds, UK. This two day event will take place on Saturday 5th March (11am-6pm) and Sunday 6th March (11am-4pm) 2016.
Leeds’ International Contemporary Artists' Book Fair forms the core of PAGES activities – a rolling programme of interrelated events that aim to establish critical engagement with the medium of the artists’ book raising awareness, encouraging production and creating new platforms for display and exchange between audience and maker.
Now in its third year at The Tetley, LIABF 19 is presented in conjunction with this year’s PAGES curated project: PICTURE BOOK, a series of exhibitions and events exploring image-based artists’ books running from 21 January – 6 March 2016.
PICTURE BOOK and LIABF19 incorporate a comprehensive series of discussions, workshops and performances throughout the exhibition period and the book fair weekend.
The Tetley is a new centre for contemporary art and learning located in the stunning art deco headquarters of the former Tetley Brewery in central Leeds. Centred around creativity, innovation and experimentation, The Tetley is a place that develops future artistic talent and opens the minds of young people, whilst at the same time engages families and individuals of all ages.
• Visitor admission to the Artists’ Book Fair is FREE
• A comprehensive and fully illustrated catalogue listing exhibitors’ details will be published by the Wild Pansy Press with a complimentary copy for each exhibitor
• Local and national advertising and targeted mailing
• An option for non-UK based artists and publishers to send their books
Prices for stalls are as follows:
• Individual artist/imprint/collective: £75 / €100
• College/University: £120 / €165
• Trade/Supplier: £150 / €205
• Non-attending International participants: £105 / €145 (a maximum of 10 books up to a total weight of 5 kilos including packaging)
This year, to encourage the participation of early-career and international imprints and publishers we are initiating two new schemes:
• Early Career tables – 5 tables will be awarded to selected early-career practitioners / imprints without charge (established within the last 3 years)
• International tables – 5 tables will be available with staffing at no extra cost so that international imprints can mail publications to us and have their stall managed during the book fair.
Please complete the online form at the ‘Make a Submission’ tab with all the relevant information by 11.59pm on Sunday 1st November 2015.
Submissions will be reviewed and selected by PAGES co-curators Louise Atkinson, John McDowall and Chris Taylor, and The Tetley’s Zoe Sawyer. We will contact you by 14th November 2015 to let you know if you have been selected for the 2016 Artist Book Fair and to request payment.
Prices for tables are as follows:
Individual artist/imprint/collective: £75 / €89
College/University: £120 / €142
Trade/Supplier: £150 / €177
Non-attending International participants: £105 / €124 (a maximum of 10 books up to a total weight of 5 kilos including packaging)
There is also the option to submit a joint application with another exhibitor to share a table.
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
What is art? Where is it heading? Is art still in the hands of artists and art dealers or it has... ARTISTS call out for work "All things Tiny" issue 27 Haus-a-rest.com
Calling ARTISTS for art work tackling the subject of the MINIATURE - for Issue 27 - haus-a-rest.com OPEN CALL - Calling Writers - we want your opinion on "Miniature ART!!!!"
Calling WRITERS to write an article tackling the subject of the MINIATURE - for Issue 27 -...