Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum Open Call - Inspired by Lucy Kemp-Welch
Deadline: 31/08/2023 | City: Bournemouth, UK | Region: Dorset | Country: United Kingdom | Ella Shepard
Open call for artwork and photography responding to our current exhibition, In Her Own Voice: The Art of Lucy Kemp-Welch. The themes are wildlife and animals (in particular horses and equine art) and Landscape (especially Bournemouth, Dorset and New Forest). Accepted media include; drawing, painting, photography, collage and printmaking.
The Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum has partnered with the National Horse Racing Museum to organise a major exhibition of works by equestrian female painter Lucy Kemp-Welch (1869-1958). Lucy Kemp-Welch is one of Britain’s foremost equestrian painters in the tradition of British impressionism. She was an expert horsewoman with an innate understanding and love of her equine subjects, especially working horses. From the late 1890s to the mid-1920s she was one of the country’s best-known female artists.
The exhibition is running from 1 April - 1 October 2023 at the Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum before moving on to the National Horse Racing Museum.
Entry to the exhibition is included with a standard admission ticket.
The Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum is running an open call and competition for artwork and photography responding to our current exhibition. The two main themes are: wildlife and animals (in particular equine/horse subjects) Landscape (especially Bournemouth, Dorset and New Forest) accepted media include; drawing, painting, photography, collage and printmaking.
PLEASE LOOK AT IMPORTANT INFO HERE:
View Lucy Kemp-Welch's artwork here.
- Artists work focused on wildlife, animals and landscape - in particular horses and the Dorset/Hampshire landscape.
- Most 2D media including; drawing, painting, photography, collage and printmaking.
- Artists residing in the United Kingdom all welcome to submit.
- Artists can apply for FREE.
- This competition is running during the majority of the exhibition (competition running from 1 April - 31 August 2023) and you can enter as many times as you like
- Deadline 31st August 2023
- 1. Share your work online and make sure to tag the Russell Cotes Art Gallery & Museum on social media in your post
- 2. Use the hashtag #ILoveLucyKW in your post description
- 3. Follow the Russell Cotes on social media @russellcotes (Facebook) @russellcotes (Instagram) @russell-cotes (Twitter)
- 4. Complete and submit the form on CuratorSpace
A group of curators and museum specialists will be judging the winners.
What you win:
- To be part of an online exhibition, hosted by the Russell-Cotes Art Gallery and Museum
- Some online exposure in collaboration with the museum
- A personal interview discussing the artist's work
- Exposure in the media, press and online in collboration with the Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum
- The opportunity to exhibit work at the Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum in our Cafe Gallery
- Goodies from our shop including artbooks and merchandise
- A year membership to the Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum
Contact the curator
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
We are looking for art that falls under the theme 'Dazzling Demons' for our online exhibition... EMERGE @ The Undercroft *Norfolk / Suffolk artists*
Emerge at The Undercroft is a new art show which aims to highlight the brightest contemporary... CuratorSpace Artist Bursary #21
CuratorSpace have adapted their artist bursary scheme to support artists in maintaining their...