Screenlight | Micro-commission
Deadline: 19/08/2019 | Published: 30/07/2019 | Venue: Waterside Arts | City: Sale, Greater Manchester | Region: Greater Manchester | Country: United Kingdom | Creative Industries Trafford
Creative Industries Trafford invites digital artists and animators to showcase their new work as part of an ongoing programme to provide support and a platform for emerging artists. We are offering two commissions for previously un-exhibited, existing work. Two successful applicants will be awarded £150 and the opportunity to have their work screened over a two month period via a 55 inch monitor featured prominently at Waterside's foyer.
The programme is designed to showcase the work of digital artists working with moving image and provide funding to encourage new work. This opportunity is open to all, but we would particularly like to encourage animators, or visual artists who animate their work to coincide with our animation conference later in the year, Meet the Puppet Masters. We still welcome submissions from all disciplines using digital and moving image. Waterside is a multi-discipline venue offering a variety of theatre, visual arts, animation and writing. CIT is responsible for delivering artist development and commission opportunities at the venue. The screen will run alongside the Visual Arts and Animation program at Waterside Arts, Sale, Greater Manchester. The project is supported by Arts Council England and Trafford Council. We support fair fees and copyright retention for artists.
- Applicants must be UK based
- Applicants must be aged 18 and over
- We're looking for pre-existing animation, moving image, digital artwork that is previously un-exhibited
- All work must be original and all elements must be cleared of copyright prior to submission
- Artists will retain all copyright for their work
- Visual artists and photographers who use animation or animated techniques are eligible. If you have any doubts about eligibility get in touch
- Recent graduates are eligible, we cannot accept work from students still studying sound is an important element in your work please bear in mind the piece will be exhibited with headphones.
- If you are applying as a creative partnership or team, the award will be split between applicants.
- Please make sure your work is of sufficient quality / resolution for a 55 inch monitor. (1920 x 1080 HD video)
- Waterside welcomes visitors of all ages, please ensure the work is appropriate for all members of the public.
Closing Date for Entries: Monday 19th August 2019
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
OPE - A public space commission from The Whitegold Project with a total budget of £30,000. Ope... Whitegold Public Space Commission - TREMEN
TREMEN - A public space commission from The Whitegold Project with a total budget of £20,000.... Whitegold Public Space Commission - TREUDHOW
TREUDHOW - A public space commission from The Whitegold Project with a total budget of £15,000....