Bankley Open Call 2019
Deadline: 01/09/2019 | Published: 13/07/2019 | Venue: Bankley Gallery & Studios | City: Manchester | Region: Greater Manchester | Country: United Kingdom | Bankley Studios & Gallery
The Bankley Open Call 2019 is once again inviting submissions from contemporary artists living in the UK, working in any 2D & 3D media, video, sound or performance. The 1st prize winner will receive £500 and a solo show at Bankley. There will also be a £100 prize for the runner-up and a visitor choice prize. Selection & Judging Panel: Amanda Sutton: Director of Venture Arts, Zoe Watson: Curator, Holden Gallery, Marianna Tsionki: Senior Curator, CFCCA.
Each artist can submit up to TWO artworks, with an accompanying brief description of each piece. Please also include information on the medium, year, size and price of each work.
There is a one off entry fee for all artists of £10 payable via Paypal, however if preferred a bank transfer can be arranged, please contact us for further details. Please pay via the Paypal link below (let us know if there is any discrepancy between your Artist and Paypal name).
Please pay via PayPal here.
2D submissions: Please ensure that all wall-mounted artworks are already equipped with mirror plates, or alternative mounting requirements and install descriptions are provided.
3D/ 4D submissions: any sculpture/installation/video/projection requirements must be made by arrangement. We currently cannot provide any screens, laptops, tablets etc. but have a projector and a dvd player.
The Bankley Open Call Exhibition Private View and award ceremony will take place on Friday the 18th October 2019, 6-9pm, which will also coincide with our Annual Open Studios event. The exhibition will continue to run every Saturday from 12pm to 4pm until 2nd of November. Work collection after the exhibition will take place on the 3rd of November 12-4pm, or by arrangement. Works not collected after this date (or otherwise arranged) will be disposed of.
Submission deadline: 1st September 2019 (midnight)
Notification of selection: by 22nd September 2019
Delivery of exhibiting art works: 5th & 6th October 2019, 12 - 4pm (times tbc)
Exhibition Private View and Awards Ceremony: 18th October 2018, 6-9pm
Terms & Conditions
By submitting this application, applicants are agreeing to the conditions of entry, as listed below, including:
- By entering the Open Call 19, Artists are agreeing that their work will be available for the dates stated in the application form. Artists take full responsibility for the delivery and shipping of any selected work(s).
- Artists are hereby agreeing to allow Bankley Studios and Gallery to use an image of their artwork on publicity associated with the Open Call 2019, unless otherwise arranged.
- Artists must also guarantee that by submitting the work they are of his, or her own origination, and that he or she holds all moral and intellectual property rights in that work.
- Art work can be for sale, and Bankley Gallery do not charge commission.
- Bankley Studios & Gallery are not liable for any loss or damage incurred to the artwork if shortlisted and exhibited, and advises all artists to seek their own insurance.
- All proceeds from the Open Call is used for the prizes, promotion and exhibition of the competition. Any additional funds are donated to Bankley Gallery for the continuation of the programme of exhibitions.
- Whilst the judges have been selected and have agreed to take part in selecting work for the Open Call and awarding the prizes, under exceptional circumstances Bankley Studios & Gallery hold the right to adjust the line-up at any time throughout the Open Call.
Thank you for taking part!
Contact the curator
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
In Memoriam: Oh, yet we trust that somehow good / Will be the final goal of ill. Lord... Virtual Gallery Open Call - WetDoveTail 1:1
WetDoveTail is proud to bring you the first open call of our current season of projects, in... POST: 'Birds of a Feather Don't Always Flock Together'. A collaborative narrative.
POST is a text-based platform, hosting the words, notes and reflections of artists and members...