CALL FOR ENTRIES: Art Maze Exhibition, Bargehouse Oxo Tower Wharf, London, 13 - 17 December 2023
Deadline: 26/11/2023 | Venue: Bargehouse | City: South Bank | Region: London | Country: United Kingdom | Exhibit Here
If you’re looking for an unconventional, raw, and edgy space to exhibit your art, Bargehouse is calling your name!
Exhibit Here is excited to announce that our epic Art Maze Exhibition is returning to Bargehouse for one magical week just before Christmas this December.
Bargehouse is a vastly untouched, beautifully decaying, historical, urban warehouse made up of a series of thirteen very different spaces found through a maze of four floors.
With a combination of exposed brickwork, peeling paint, white walls, and black walls, it creates a fascinating backdrop for exhibitions, which adds to the overall experience of the show.
Plus, its location is amazing; it’s situated within Oxo Tower Wharf on the South Bank of the River Thames, just behind the famous Oxo Tower, surrounded by iconic landmarks such as the London Eye, Tate Modern, and St Paul’s Cathedral.
There is no theme to the exhibition, it has been left open to encourage a diverse response, however if your work has a haunting element to it, this would be a bonus as artwork of this nature would especially add to the overpowering atmosphere in Bargehouse.
Exhibit Here is looking for artworks in the following mediums:
- Canvas or framed artworks
- Large free-standing sculptures
- Small sculptures (sculptors must provide their own plinths)
- Video art
- Sound art
- Neon light art
Please note, for projections, video and sound pieces artists must provide their own equipment.
Key information about the exhibition:
- It’s free to submit your work (fee only payable if selected)
- The Exhibition Fee is £260 and permits you to exhibit up to four artworks (depending on the size)
- Only 10% commission on the sale of artworks
- If your submission is successful, you will be notified within fourteen days of submitting your work
- You are responsible for installing your own artwork under Exhibit Here’s guidance
- Exhibition dates and times: 13 – 17 December 2023, open daily 11 am – 6 pm
- Private View: 13 December 2023, 6 pm – 8.30 pm
- Installation: 12 December 2023, 12.30 pm – 4.30 pm
- De-installation: 18 December 2023, 10.30 am – 1.30 pm
Contact the curator
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
We are now accepting submissions for our 3D Virtual Exhibition "Portraits". Any artist from... Chapbook Series #6 ‘The Fragile Knots of Time’
We are in search of emerging writers to submit their work for publication opportunity... Call for Artists - Commission for Wilberforce House Museum
Wilberforce House Museum is looking for artists who identify as Black, or people of colour to...