Call Out - Derby based Artist in Residence programme: Bridge the Gap III
Deadline for submissions: 27/03/2017 | Venue: Artcore Gallery | City: Derby | Region: Derbyshire | Country: United Kingdom | Created by: Ruchita ShaikhReport this?
Artcore is providing two regional artists the opportunity of a two-month artist in residence programme at the Artcore Gallery in Derby.
After two very successful programmes, Artcore invites emerging and established artists to apply for our third Bridge the Gap: Artist in Residence Programme. One of the residencies is for a recent arts graduate from Derby University. The artists will work in a shared space, enabling discussion, interaction and collaboration. Each artist will be given a bursary to develop a body of work and a mentor to guide them. Local and national marketing support will be provided by Artcore and e-catalogues will be produced to support the artist.
The residency will culminate in a Bridge the Gap: Artists in Residence Exhibition and launch event, with work exhibited at Artcore Gallery and London Road Community Hospital. Some of the work created will therefore need to be suitable for a 2D display enviornment. It will also need to be appropriate for a hospital setting – uplifting, yet challenging.
This opportunity will include:
- Artists’ bursary of £800 for exhibition ready work
- Exhibition of work at gallery/non gallery venues
- Artist blog
- Artist talks
- Mentorship by an established artist
- E Catalogue
- Opportunity to exhibit the work along with other contemporary artists
- Opportunity to deliver workshops/projects
- Publicity and marketing support and encouragement to sell their work
Artist’s submissions should inlcude the following documents:
- A full written proposal, outlining their response to the overall aim of the project, information on how work will be produced during the residency and how it will incorperate your ideas (max. 1 side of A4)
- An artist statement
- A sample of your work and/or up to five images of recent artworks, indicating the medium and size
- An up to date CV explaining your experience
- Proof of public liability insurance.
- A DBS check (preferred)
There will be an opportunity to visit artcore to view the exhibition space on Monday 20th, March 2017 between 10am to 4pm. Please contact Artcore to confirm.
Each application will be scored against the following criteria:
- Concept and potential project ideas and the brief
- Relevant experience of artist
- The possibility of finishing a body of work in two months
- Deadline need to reach by Monday 27/03/2017 by 5:00 pm
- Interviews will take place week commencing 03/04/2017
- Residency start dates: 17/04/2017 to 16/06/2017
- Exhibition launch date: Friday 30th June, 2017
Make a submission Contact the curator
You must have an account to make a submission using CuratorSpace. It's free and only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You'll need to log in to make a submission to this opportunity.
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest updates about new and upcoming opportunities
Dollspace is a project space situated in a Doll’s House in North London. Throughout 2017 we... Call for artist
We're looking for an artist who produces imagery or poetry relating to water in order for us to... The isthisit? Residency - April Resident
Open call for submissions for an online, month long, residency - to be featured on the isthisit?...