Contemporary Textiles Fair 2024
Deadline: 15/02/2024 | City: Teddington | Region: London | Country: United Kingdom | Abigail Thomas
The Contemporary Textiles Fair is somewhere textile enthusiasts, collectors and art lovers can come to find artworks with texture, wearable masterpieces, handmade homeware, and unique curiosities. This isn’t granny’s knitted teacosy territory, this is contemporary quality! From stitched wall-hangings with conceptual significance, to carefully designed and hand-crafted objects; we champion exceptional talent in textiles.
Contemporary Textiles Fair 2024
The Contemporary Textile Fair is open to UK-based artists and designer-makers who make high-quality contemporary textiles, textile art, or textile-related work. We are not a craft supplies fair.
Applicants need to fill out the application form having selected which type/size stand they’d prefer to exhibit in (based on the stand plan). No galleries or agents accepted. You must be based in the UK to apply. You do not have to be local to the Landmark to apply. If in doubt, please contact us before submitting.
Stand Plan & Prices
Please see the current stand plan & prices here: https://www.landmarkartscentre.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/Stand-Plan-Master-Textiles-24.pdf
• A printed colour catalogue including your details and a map of the building will be available at the door to visitors.
• A digital version of the catalogue will be emailed to our digital database and it will also be included on the Landmark website and sent to you. A digital invite will be emailed to you and to our digital database and available to download from our website.
• The fair will be featured in the Landmark’s seasonal events leaflet with over 20,000 copies produced and distributed via direct mail, other venues etc. This listing will also appear on our website and be publicised via email to the Landmark’s significant list of subscribers (6.8k).
• 30,000 event flyers distributed around greater London with specific reference to target markets, galleries etc., and door-to-door delivery within the local area.
• AA Road signs.
• Advertisements or editorials in local magazines and newspapers.
• Advertisements in a range of creative/textile-specific magazines and periodicals.
• Posters, banners & flyers in the local vicinity.
• Online advertising/listings with known London and local services such as A-N, TimeOut, ArtRabbit, Arts News (Arts Council), Galleries, news outlets etc...
• A significant social media presence including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
You, as an exhibitor, are also expected to publicise the event as much as possible. We can provide you with both physical and digital flyers and posters; plus, a variety of social media imagery to use in your own marketing and publicity.
- Please refer to the stand plan in the images or link to select your preferred position within the fair. Then fill out the application form, having read all the terms and conditions below. If you are selected you will be informed shortly after the submission deadline, you will then be directed to make full payment. Please don’t send any payment before you have been allocated a stand.
- The Landmark will start to allocate stands to successful applicants in the first week of January; however, the online application form will remain open until 31st January 2024. So, the sooner you apply, the better chance you will have of getting the stand you want!
- An ‘exhibitors info’ email will be sent to all successful applicants at least 6 weeks prior to the events. This will include more information and advice, digital versions of the flyers, invites and posters. We are always happy to supply exhibitors with physical flyers too and printed posters on request, for which you will need to arrange collection or ask for them to be posted to you.
- You will also receive an 'on the door welcome' pack when you arrive to set up your stand which will include exhibitor badges, a free wine ticket, health&safety info, WiFi code and further instructions. Your stand will be labelled with its number and the business name you include in your application.
- Please ensure you have read all of the terms and conditions before filling out the application form.
We very much look forward to receiving your submission. Please don’t hesitate to contact Abigail should you require further information or have any questions.
We do not accept submissions from designers who outsource production of items through a 3rd party, and we do not accept applications from sellers of supplies, galleries or agents. You must be based in the UK to apply. You do not have to be local to the Landmark to apply. If in doubt, please contact us before submitting.
Friday: 9.00am – 3.30pm– Artist arrival and set up
4.00pm – 8.30pm – Open to the public
Saturday: 10.00am – 5.00pm – Open to the public
Sunday: 10.00am – 5.00pm – Open to the public
5.00pm – 7.00pm – Artists’ take down
Following receipt of your payment after allocation of stands:
• 8 weeks or more before set-up day – full refund, if stand can be re-sold, less 20% admin charge.
• 4-8 weeks before set-up day – 75% refund, if stand can be re-sold, less 20% admin charge.
• 4 weeks or less before set-up day – 50% refund, if stand can be re-sold, less 20% admin charge.
• If your stand cannot be re-sold you will not receive a refund.
Please note; you do not need to book an EXTRA table in Additional Requirements if you apply for a TABLE ONLY stand.
Image files must be named in the following format: Exhibitor Name_Title_Medium. And must be JPGs at 300 DPI quality.
By submitting these, you are giving permission for the use of your images for promotional purposes; magazines, newspapers, web and social media; and the fair catalogue.
When applying please make it clear you are applying for a RAW FIBRES stand in the Stand Choices section of the form. You will be allocated a stand from the selected area if you are successful. Please add a paragraph to your NOTES section of the form outlining your eligibility and how this opportunity will help you and forward your textile practice.
Eligibility for ‘Raw Fibres’: current BA or MA students, recent graduates (last 2 years), fledgling businesses (never done a big fair/event like this before and less than 1 year since launching business).
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
Call for artists interested in showing their work with _VOID nomadic gallery. Artist-run... OPEN CALL: Civic Classroom, the Bathhouse, Hackney Wick
Are you an artist or curator with connections to East London? We are currently accepting... In Seclusion - FREE Open Call @ Meta Space Gallery
In Seclusion invites artists to submit work loosely surrounding the theme of 'seclusion'. What...