4/4 CREATIVE RESIDENCY FOR CONTEMPORARY CLASSICAL MUSIC
Deadline: 23/03/2023 | Venue: Equivalentbehaviour | City: London | Country: United Kingdom | Katrina Stamatopoulos
4/4 CREATIVE RESIDENCY FOR CONTEMPORARY CLASSICAL MUSIC. Produced by Equivalentbehaviour and Ensemble Matters.
Equivalentbehaviour welcomes an emerging composer and performer pair, to work in their studio and develop ideas for a solo composition. The residency, titled 4/4, will run from the 4 April 2023 to 4 May 2023. Equivalentbehaviour will be home for the chosen composer to co-work with a performer of choice, (or vice versa) within the framework of 4/4 (4 hours x 4 days). These days are flexible over the month, and can be arranged prior to the residency.
The 4/4 residency leads up to a work in progress performance / sharing event with the public. We are open for the event to take form as a talk and performance, or an open door studio day. This will be publicised and supported by Equivalentbehaviour and Ensemble Matters.
The public event can be organised to tailor the participants’ needs. We are flexible with scheduling, and can arrange an additional 5th day for a public performance / if required. Drinks and light refreshments will be provided for guests, and we would like to work on this collaboratively with the residency participants.
Please note, that this residency can be either composer or performer led. Applications may be made by either person so long as the other person has agreed to participate.
What the residency provides:
• Concentrated work environment
• An online on-boarding session with the organisers
• Opportunity to have critical feedback and dialogue
• Depending on mutual availability, informal feedback will be provided for work-in-progress.
• Production support (e.g. music stand, lighting, screen projection, printer, manuscript, photography equipment).
• Video recording and photographic documentation throughout the creative process.
• Publicity/ Exposure to Equivalentbehaviour and Ensemble Matters’s creative Community and audiences (including instagram takeovers and a shared physical, public event)
• Opportunities to be involved in future projects by Equivalentbehaviour and Ensemble Matters
• Photographic portraits made collaboratively with Equivalentbehaviour hosts
• Travel expenses (within London)
• Refreshments and home cooked meals
How to apply
• You and your collaborator's CVs
• A short description of your proposed project (no more than an A4 page). There is no limit to the composition’s duration
• Examples of your previous work, including a link to your composition + score (for composer)
• A link to your performance (for performer)
• You and your collaborator’s websites (if any)
Please note: Applicants who are open to sharing with the public at the end of the residency will be prioritised.
The residency participant will be selected by the following panel:
Owen Ho – Artistic Director of Ensemble Matters
Katrina Stamatopoulos and Wojtek Kawczyk - Founders of Equivalentbehaviour
ABOUT THE SPACE
Equivalentbehaviour provides a professional and diverse environment for Makers, Photographers, Artists and Musicians. We work collaboratively on ideas that take form in Workshops, Installation, food and live performance, and invite you to participate in our growing programme of Curated Events.
As a studio and Workspace for both Katrina Stamatopoulos and StorqueStudios, our focus is to open our space up as a platform for sharing ideas and knowledge. We aim to promote the maintenance of craft as practice, and have a purpose to exercise curiosity.
ABOUT ENSEMBLE MATTERS
Ensemble Matters is a London-based group dedicated to contemporary classical music and more. Our repertoire ranges from modern classics to newly commissioned works, alongside works from the common practice period worth revisiting in a new light.
We do things boldly. Performing Schoenberg’s Pierrot Lunaire in random order and pairing works by Murail with Rachmaninoff are just right up our street. Beyond music, we love collaborating with people from other artistic fields, such as dance, film, and visual art.
As an official partner of Sound and Music’s Fair Access Principles, we are committed to supporting emerging composers. We host composition workshops and calls for score, in which we always ensure that we provide constructive feedback to every participant.
https://equivalentbehaviour.netContact the curator
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
OPEN CALL TO MULTIMEDIA ARTISTS WORLDWIDE. Submit NOW for an opportunity to get featured for a... Cut, Torn & Mended: online exhibition for Artist/Mothers
Open Call for artists who identify as mothers to submit collage works for our Cut, Torn & Mended... The 26th MASS: HYBRID (Submissions Open!)
the MASS is an online collection of discursive art, articles, opinions, prompts, thoughts, and...