English Riviera Winter Open 2022
Deadline: 23/10/2022 | Published: 25/09/2022 | Venue: Artizan Collective Gallery | City: Torquay | Region: Devon | Country: United Kingdom | Artizan Gallery
We thought our 2021 annual Winter Open might be our last but excitingly we now know we're here to stay and so our 2022 English Riviera Winter Open is a real cause for celebration!
Running from November right up until Christmas Eve, this annual show is a proper countdown to Christmas as we fill our gallery walls and plinths with collections to entice seasonal shoppers. As with our Summer Open this year, artists have the opportunity to submit up to 8 works for showing, with both selected and reserved works going on display across our exhibition spaces..
Continue reading for full submission information and we hope to see your work in the show with us this Winter!
About Artizan Collective Gallery
Artizan Collective CIC is a not for profit Social Enterprise dedicated to the advancement of arts and culture in Torbay, supporting wider engagement and greater accessibility to arts for our communities, through the provision of opportunities, resources, spaces and networks for creatives of all practices in a sustainable and resilient manner.
Currently hosted at Fleet Walk in the Artizan Collective Gallery, the Collective is providing a vibrant creative hub delivering opportunities for artists and audiences living and working in the Bay, as well as contributing to the English Riviera's cultural tourism offer. The venue currently runs a year-round visual arts programme which supports artists of all disciplines and experiences, including students and emerging artists, by creating affordable exhibition opportunities, awards and bursaries. In addition, a programme of community workshops, artist studios, and production spaces are in development in partnership with other independent creatives and local cultural organisations.
Through this activity we aim to improve the perception of Torbay's cultural offer, showcasing and connecting the creative stakeholders contributing to the sector and signposting audiences from this prominent location, to the areas hidden gems.
The organisation currently consists of two directors and a small group of key stakeholders and partners who support and deliver work, as well as an invested community of artists and creatives. Artizan Gallery supports the work of Artizan Collective CIC through the sharing of resources and promotional activities.
Please read the below information carefully for full opportunity details.
- This is a selective exhibition, your fee and confirmation of terms entitles you to have your work judged by the selection panel for possible inclusion in the exhibition
- Up to 8 works can be submitted
- Works will have the opportunity to either be selected (these will be guaranteed to hang) or reserved (these will be requested for delivery and displayed in our studio gallery space; they may also be hung if space permits in the main space at our discretion)
- All successful artists will be entitled to supply, in addition to their accepted work:
- Up to three mounted and wrapped works for browsers or
- Up to three additional small for sale products such as catalogues or artbooks, and
- Greetings cards; either 5 copies of 3 designs or up to 15 original greetings cards
- All selected works will be showcased for a period of 8 weeks during the height of the tourist season on the English Riviera
- Exposure in the English Riviera’s premier selective exhibition gallery
- Opportunity for commercial sales of work
- Features in exhibition print and digital promotional material delivered via the channels of the exhibition curators and partner organisations
- Long-term exposure on the exhibition digital hub including micro-profile and the opportunity for additional features
- Selected artists may be recommended to our partner services to have their work featured in additional online listings
- Works under £200 will be promoted as part of our Artist Support Pledge work (see art-hub.co.uk/artistsupportpledge)
- Exhibition Awards including the English Riviera Award (selected by a guest judge) and the Audience Favourite Award.
Work Sizes, Types and Dimensions
- Works are classified as either:
- 2D Wall Display
- 3D Surface Display (not exceeding a height of 60cm)
- 3D Floor Display
- Works of any medium are accepted
- 2D Works:
- A single 2D entry will not exceed 60cm in any direction inclusive of framing
- 2D entries exceeding 60cm but not exceeding 1.5m in any direction can be submitted as two entries
- 3D Works:
- A single 3D entry will not exceed 80cm in any dimension
- 3D entries exceeding 80cm but not exceeding 1.5m in any direction can be submitted as two entries
- Small 3D works may be submitted as a series and be counted as one entry but you must contact the gallery before making your submission to confirm if your work qualifies for this
- Jewellery and small items should be provided with secure display equipment and artists should consult with the gallery to ensure they are making sufficient provisions prior to submission.
- A 3D work that is wall display should be submitted as a 2D Work
- Where specific display equipment is required this must be specified
- You may be requested to supply plinths or make additional provisions for display of your work where these are non-standard
- Deadline for Entries: Midnight 23rd October
- Confirmation of Entries: Midnight 24th October
- Start Date: 12th November
- End Date: 24th December
- Launch Date: 11th November, 18:00-20:00
- Delivery Week: 31st October - 6th November
- Hang Week: 6th - 9th November
- Delivery Deadline: 6th November 4pm
- Opening Hours: It may be necessary for our opening hours to adjust between now and the exhibition, but we intend to open weekends and 3 week days (5 days/week) 11:00-16:00
- Submission Fees: £10 for one entry, £15 for up to 8
- Commission Fees: 35%
ALL FEES GO TOWARDS ARTIZAN COLLECTIVE'S CONTINUING WORK TO DELIVER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ARTISTS IN THE SOUTH WEST
Payments can be made here: https://www.art-hub.co.uk/product-page/english-riviera-summer-open-single-entry
Artizan Collective Gallery
Unit 5 Fleet Walk
74 Fleet Street
Full terms and conditions of entry: www.art-hub.co.uk/exhibitorsterms
Contact the curator
Hang Week: 6th - 9th November
Delivery Deadline: 6th November 4pm
Collection of work will take place in the week following the close of the exhibition.
Single Entry Payment £10: https://www.art-hub.co.uk/product-page/erwosingle
Multiple Entry Payment £15: https://www.art-hub.co.uk/product-page/erwomulti
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
CALLING ALL INTERNATIONAL CREATIVES! Print it! 2023. The Show without boundaries. Exhibiting is... What We Should Be Talking About - The PDF Airdrop Exhibition
What We Should Be Talking About will be a PDF that is distributed via airdrop to members of the... Exhibit in Brazil - Vox Exhibition
Vox Exhibition features a constellation of artistic voices celebrating creativity around the...