Fundraising & Sponsorship Coordinator wanted for Light Night Leeds!
Deadline for submissions: 18/09/2017 | City: Leeds | Region: West Yorkshire | Country: United Kingdom | Created by: Abbe RobinsonReport this?
Fundraising & Sponsorship Coordinator wanted for Light Night Leeds! Would you like to join the team to support us to deliver the 2018 Light Night Festival? We are looking for an experienced freelance fundraiser and sponsorship coordinator to join the team to support the fundraising programme for future festivals. Light Night Leeds is a multi-arts and light festival which takes over Leeds City Centre on two nights in early October. Now in its 13th year, it is a highly anticipated event in the city's cultural calendar.
Purpose of the role
To develop new partnerships and create sponsorship / funding opportunities for Light Night Leeds 2018.
The Fundraising and Sponsorship Co-ordinator will be responsible for developing a range of fundraising activities for Light Night Leeds including:
- devising, co-ordinating and delivering specific fundraising and sponsorship activities for Light Night Leeds such as organising events, arranging business meetings and networking sessions.
- developing a sponsorship portfolio with a range of packages and opportunities across all aspects of the event, involving the creative use of marketing material.
- raising awareness of the event to local organisations, in particular the business sector.
- developing relationships with local businesses and potential sponsors leading to investment in Light Night Leeds against set financial targets, or the creation of partnerships that are mutually beneficial.
- researching and identifying a range of alternative funding sources relevant to the event.
- identifying potential new income streams for Light Night Leeds.
- liaising with a range of local partners and stakeholders including Leeds BID.
- communicating with city centre businesses in regards to the impact of Light Night events and ways for them to get involved i.e. late opening, special offers.
Deadline for applications: Monday 18 September 2017 12pm (noon)
Interviews will be between: Monday 25 – Wednesday 27 September 2017
Attend Light Night: Thursday 5 & Friday 6 October 2017
£6,800 fixed fee. This is a freelance role and the postholder will be responsible for their own tax and NI contributions.
Work will need to be undertaken between October 2017 and October 2018, and the postholder will be able to discuss a suitable schedule with organisers in order to deliver necessary outcomes.
How to Apply
Please complete the submission form and include your CV by Monday 18 September 2017 at 12pm (noon)
Qualifications / Experience required
- Knowledge, skills and experience in fundraising and sponsorship are essential, for an arts organisation or events is desirable.
- Good working knowledge of Leeds geography and business landscape
- Experience of devising sponsorship packages
- Experience of delivering presentations or public speaking
- Experience of working with partners, stakeholders, funders and sponsors
- Candidates must be have excellent communication and organisational skills and be computer literate.
About Light Night Leeds
Light Night is an annual multi-arts and light festival which takes place every year in early October at numerous venues across Leeds city centre. Hundreds of artists, makers and performers transform the city’s streets and buildings for an unforgettable evening of exhibitions, installations and performances. It is a celebratory showcase for the huge range of diverse and thriving creative activity taking place in Leeds all year round, and gives visitors free access to art and venues that they might not normally see. In 2016 an audience of approximately 80,000 people attended Light Night experiencing over 50 different events in over 30 locations in the city centre. http://lightnightleeds.co.uk/
Leeds is a modern and diverse northern British city. It is the third largest and one of the fastest growing in the UK and is now home to an estimated 798,800 people. Leeds is the regional capital and the main economic driver for the counties of Yorkshire with major road, rail and air connections to neighbouring towns and cities, and to national and international networks. The city’s diversity can be seen in a population which is made up of residents of over 140 different ethnic groups and the fact that Leeds school children speak over 170 languages. Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic groups represent 17.4% of the population.
A unique and distinctive place, the city of Leeds has a rich industrial heritage. Known as the leading financial and legal centre in the UK outside London, the city is home to some of the largest financial institutions in the country. It has a diverse economy, excellent universities and world-class culture and sport.
Contact the curator
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest updates about new and upcoming opportunities
Joya: AiR is a not for profit arts residency developed by artists for artists of every... OPEN CALL FOR ARTISTS AND CURATORS SUBMISSIONS TO RUNG MAGAZINE, FORMERLY LOCKJAWS*
OPEN CALL FOR ARTISTS AND CURATORS. SUBMISSIONS TO RUNG MAGAZINE, FORMERLY LOCKJAWS*.... TINY
CALL-OUT FOR OUR TINY JANUARY EXHIBITION! We are excited to announce submissions are now open...