Landmark Art Fairs 2019
Deadline: 18/01/2019 | Published: 23/10/2018 | Venue: Landmark Arts Centre | City: Teddington | Region: London | Country: United Kingdom | Abigail ThomasReport this?
Twice a year – Spring and Autumn – the Landmark Art Fairs provide a unique setting for individual artists that make high quality fine art to exhibit and sell their work direct to the public. No galleries, no dealers, just the artists themselves with a stunning array of painting, sculpture, photography, mixed media, printmaking, ceramics and more. Visitors will be able to browse from an array of over 75 stands with artists from the local area and beyond. From watercolour paintings to textural ceramic sculptures. The art fairs have established themselves as significant events in the visual arts calendar.
The unique setting and consistently high visitor numbers help to make the fairs enjoyable for visitors, collectors and artists alike. A catalogue is produced for each fair; you can see them on our website: http://landmarkartscentre.org/about-fairs/art-fair.php
Please note we do not now accept applications in any other format. No application will be considered after the deadline of Friday 18th January 2019 for BOTH fairs. Also, PLEASE NOTE; while there is a deadline, the sooner you apply the better - selections will start to take place from the end of November onward.
Spring Art Fair 17-19 May 2019 – Autumn Art Fair 18-20 Oct 2019
Our art fairs are open to individual artists that make high quality fine art, we also accept a limited number of jewellers and crafts people. Applicants need to fill out the application form having selected up to 3 stands that they would like to exhibit in (based on the stand plan). No galleries or agents accepted.
After the closing deadline, a selection panel will review all applications. Applicants will then be informed of the panel’s decision and which space is available to them; we will of course endeavour to accommodate your first choice. If your application is successful you will be sent an acceptance email in which you will be asked to pay the full amount of the stand. You may apply to either the Spring or the Autumn Art Fair, but not both. If you are selected you will be informed shortly after the submission deadline, you must then send a cheque or bacs payment by Thursday 28th February 2019 otherwise your stand will be reallocated. Please don’t send any payment before you have been allocated a stand. If you are transferring payment via our bank account please request details and we will confirm receipt by email (on a weekly basis).
During the fairs in the Bell Room, an area separate from the main hall, there will be a special exhibition or demo. In the past this has been local celebrities / well known artists / charity art groups with an exhibition of works to raise money for a charity and we have also hosted several exhibitions of emerging artists. This serves to both support other aspects of the creative industries and also to attract more press and a wider variety of the public to see your work.
- A printed colour catalogue including your details (inclusion in this is optional) and a map of the building will be available on the door to visitors. This will also appear in 6,000 copies of ‘Galleries Magazine’, circulated in greater London. If you are admitted late to the fair inclusion into the printed version of the catalogue won’t be possible around 6 weeks prior to the fair as it will have already gone to print, however the digital version can be amended with your details.
- A digital version of the catalogue will be emailed to our digital database and it will also be included on the Landmark website and sent to you. A digital invite emailed to you and to our digital database and available to download from our website.
- The fair will be featured in the Landmark’s seasonal events leaflet with 25,000 copies produced and distributed via direct mail, other venues etc. This listing will also appear in the What’s On section of our website and be publicised via email to the Landmark’s significant list of subscribers.
- 30,000 flyers distributed around greater London with specific reference to target markets, galleries etc.
- AA Road signs.
- Advertisements or editorials in an extended list of national and local newspapers.
- Advertisements in a range of creative magazines and periodicals.
- Posters, banners & flyers in the local vicinity.
- Online advertising/listings with known London and local services such as A-N, TimeOut, ArtRabbit, Arts News (Arts Council), Galleries, news outlets etc…
- A significant social media presence including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Please refer to the floor plan to select your preferred position within the fair. Then fill out the application form, having read all the terms and conditions below. If you are selected you will be informed shortly after the submission deadline, you will then be directed to make full payment via cheque or BACS. Please don’t send any payment before you have been allocated a stand. If you are transferring payment via our bank account, please request details and inform me when you have made the payment and I will confirm receipt by email (on a weekly basis).
An ‘exhibitor pack’ will be sent to all successful applicants at least 6 weeks prior to the events. This will include a number of invitations to both the private view (where admission is free) and 2 for 1 flyers. This will accompany more information and advice. We are always happy to supply exhibitors with additional flyers and posters on request until they run out for which you will need to arrange collection or send a self-addressed envelope with relevant postage. You will receive an ‘on the door’ pack when you arrive to set up your stand which will include name badges, a free wine ticket, an artist questionnaire and information about catering, sales, tickets and further instructions. Your stand will be labelled with its number and the name you nominate in advance. Please ensure you have read all of the terms and conditions before filling out the application form. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time before returning the application form if you need clarification of any aspect of the art fairs.
Friday – 09.30am – 5.00pm – Artist arrival and set up
6.00pm – 8.30pm – Private View
Saturday – 10.00am – 5.00pm – Open to the public
Sunday – 10.00am – 5.00pm – Open to the public
5.00pm – 7.00pm – Artists’ take down
We very much look forward to receiving your submission. Please don’t hesitate to contact Abigail should you require further information or have any questions.
Terms & Conditions & any other info
• Please ONLY apply online; we no longer accept paper based submissions. This lessens the possibility of mistakes being made in the catalogue etc.
• There is no on-site parking. Exhibitors will be emailed a drop off time for which you will be allowed to keep your vehicle on site for half an hour while you unload. Please follow the instructions of the parking attendant at all times. You then remove your vehicle to the surrounding streets (where there is free parking). You can come back to your stand and spend the rest of the day setting up. You must be finished setting up by 5.00pm.
• You must be in the building, ready to sell to the public at the private view and for 10.00am on the weekend. The front door will be closed until 10.00am so you can enter the building from the rear via the buzzer. You must not begin to pack up until 5.00pm on the Sunday.
• Take down will be from 5.00pm on the Sunday. You must not bring your vehicle on site until then. There are no allocated times, all the doors will be opened (see the floor plan). Please pack your work up before you bring your vehicle on site as this causes unnecessary congestion. As we share the area surrounding the Landmark with residents it is VITAL you do not park in a marked bay. The doors to the rear of the building will be opened, this area is for loading ONLY, we have had instances of artists getting a ticket if it looks like your vehicle is parked, doors closed and vehicle unattended, to avoid this as soon as you have finished packing your vehicle you MUST move it away from the area and follow the instructions of the parking attendant at all times.
• Public admission charge will be £4 and £3 for seniors and students, free entry to Landmark members and subscribers to certain magazines. Children 16yrs and younger are admitted free.
• There are two types of invite, a digital one which you will be emailed and is available on the website and paper ones which you receive in the post. The digital invite (which can be printed and brought with visitors or shown on a device) will gain entry to the private view and can be used as a 2 for 1 over the whole weekend. Paper PV invite: Valid for private view only. Paper 2 for 1: Two visitors may get in for the price of one, there must be 2 people in attendance for this to be used.
• When a visitor comes over the weekend they will receive a catalogue, they can use this to come back to the show as many times as they wish.
• The event will be insured against public liability but the organisers cannot be held responsible for any loss, theft or damage to artist’s work or personal possessions.
• Non-UK resident artists please note: if you do not have a UK bank account we will deduct any bank transfer fees payable by us for sending payments to a non-UK bank account. You are advised to ask that your buyer goes out (they will get back in for free) and gets cash.
• Artists are strongly advised to make their own insurance arrangements. We accept no responsibility for stolen work during the fair as you are deemed responsible for it for the entirety of the fair.
• Please note there is no storage other than on, or behind (if against a wall or column) your stand.
• The building has been totally adapted for wheelchair access except for the studio space (which is only used during the fair for talks and workshops). However please notify us in advance of any special needs and we will endeavour to help. We have reserved parking spaces for disabled visitors, if you know of someone that is coming that this applies to please tell me in advance, I will need their registration plate details and I will reserve them a space very close to the ramp to the front door.
• Exhibitors must not bring wine to the private view. In your artists pack you will receive a ‘free glass of wine’ ticket, further glasses for yourselves and clients will be available at discounted prices from the bar which is in operation throughout the event.
• The building has good natural light. Each stand will be individually lit with a minimum of 1 x 150w halogen exhibition light (depending on size of stand). All 2mtr and 2.4mtr wide fair stands are supplied with one 150watt exhibition light. Larger stands over 2.4mtrs wide are supplied with two 150watt exhibition lights.
• Tables & extra power sockets are available on request and for a nominal cost; but must be booked in advance. The electricity supply restrictions for power usage within the building is limited. If a power socket is agreed for your stand, it will be sufficient to power a laptop, your own credit card machine or additional low wattage lighting up to 150watts only. You must inform the Landmark Arts Centre what you will be intending on using the power socket for. The Landmark Arts Centre will check all power sockets supplied for extra lighting and reserves the right to remove any lighting which it deems unsuitable for the centre.
• There will be enough chairs available to you over the exhibition period if you require them just ask.
• There will be an adequate amount of bubble wrap supplied for you to wrap your sold work in a designated area for your clients. This is operated with an honest box, we respectfully recommend £1 per wrap.
• You may collaborate with another artist if you wish to show in a group.
• Stands are non-transferable.
• No dealers or agents or galleries.
• The Landmark does not take any commission on sales. However, a 5% charge is levied by the bank on the use of the card machine at reception, which can be used to take customers money from sales; please note this service also incurs a VAT cost. We have had to apply for VAT registration recently, with immediate effect we will have to charge 20% VAT on the 5% commission. For example: £1000 total card payments – 5% = £50 + 20% VAT = £60 total deducted. We will issue a VAT invoice for the commission. Your nominated representative will be sent a cheque for these payments once the amount has been agreed. You are strongly advised to keep your own records of sales. You will be posted a cheque shortly after the fair.
• You are welcome to use your own card machines to take payment, there is no change or commission taken by the Landmark on this. There is WIFI in the building but given its size this can be intermittent, please don’t rely entirely on this for sales.
• All work must be for sale or on commission basis, clearly priced, and displayed in a professional manner. Please don’t lower your prices towards the end of the fair.
• You may fill your space with whatever you wish (furniture, display cabinets, browsers, easels etc.), however you must not bring anything that will spill out beyond the boundaries, cause a health and safety hazard or be deemed inappropriate at a professional fair such as very inexpensive work, ‘bargain bins’, etc. Cordial collaboration between your neighbours is recommended, please show consideration for the other exhibitors. You will be asked to remove anything that contradicts the above.
• On the application form you will request 3 stands you would be happy to accept if the selection panel selects your work. Given the specific needs of many artists it may be that you aren’t offered one of those 3 if it’s a stand that is in high demand. It may be that you are offered an alternative, please inform the curator ASAP if you don’t wish to take that stand so it can be reallocated. We will try our best to accommodate your choices.
Following receipt of your payment after allocation of stands:
• 8 weeks or more before set-up day – full refund, if stand can be re-sold, less 10% admin charge.
• 4-8 weeks before set-up day – 75% refund, if stand can be re-sold.
• 4 weeks or less before set-up day – 50% refund, if stand can be re-sold.
• If your stand cannot be re-sold you will not receive a refund.
• Screens supplied will be shell scheme grey polyweave fabric. 25mm thick. They have a groove running through the middle of the top elevation for hooks.
• Recommended method of hanging is using traditional picture hooks. From that comes a cord with an adjustable bottom hook. There are a wide range of products on the market see: www.picturehangingsystems.co.uk Artists are requested to use aesthetically appropriate hanging equipment, which will take at least 80Ibs of strain. You will be emailed detailed information about hanging systems. You need to have all your work with cord on the back. You may also use male Velcro but MUST secure this to the back of your work using a staple gun or suitable alternative. Experience has shown that the Velcro stays on the screens but can peel off the work especially over the night which results in damage. Do not use Velcro for any glazed or particularly heavy work.
• We do not supply any other hanging systems apart from Velcro which you can buy from us at £2 per metre.
• Please note you mustn’t under any circumstances use nails or screws, Blu-Tack or any other direct adhesives as these cause damage to the fabric of the screens.
Art Fairs Curator
Contact the curator
6.00pm – 8.30pm – Private View
Saturday – 10.00am – 5.00pm – Open to the public
Sunday – 10.00am – 5.00pm – Open to the public
5.00pm – 7.00pm – Artists’ take down (not open to the public)
• map of the building will be available on the door to visitors. This will also appear in
• 6,000 copies of ‘Galleries Magazine’, circulated in greater London. If you are admitted late to the fair inclusion into the printed version of the catalogue won’t be possible around 6 weeks prior to the fair as it will have already gone to print, however the digital version can be amended with your details.
• A digital version of the catalogue will be emailed to our digital database and it will also be included on the Landmark website and sent to you.
• A digital invite emailed to you and to our digital database and available to download from our website.
• The fair will be featured in the Landmark’s seasonal events leaflet with 25,000 copies produced and distributed via direct mail, other venues etc. This listing will also appear in the What’s On section of our website and be publicised via email to the Landmark’s significant list of subscribers.
• 30,000 flyers distributed around greater London with specific reference to target markets, galleries etc.
• AA Road signs.
• Advertisements or editorials in an extended list of national and local newspapers.
• Advertisements in a range of creative magazines and periodicals.
• Posters, banners & flyers in the local vicinity.
• Online advertising/listings with known London and local services such as A-N, TimeOut, ArtRabbit, Arts News (Arts Council), Galleries, news outlets etc…
• A significant social media presence including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Image files must be named in the following format: Exhibitor Name_Title_Medium. And must be JPGs at 300 DPI quality.
By submitting these, you are giving permission for the use of your images for promotional purposes; magazines, newspapers, web and social media; and the fair catalogue.
Your stand space will be clearly defined using panels covered with grey poly-weave. For hanging: Velcro, small pins or hooks from the top of the stands may be used. Absolutely NO nails, screws, blue tac or glue as these will dam-age the screens. All 2mtr and 2.4mtr wide fair stands are supplied with one 150 watt exhibition light. Larger stands over 2.4mtrs wide are supplied with two 150 watt exhibition lights. Tables and electrical sockets are available if required at the cost of £5 each and must be booked in advance.
Please refer to our stand plan and images of the venue on the Landmark website to get a detailed idea of what spaces are on offer before you make your choices.
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
If you have photos of yourself when you were younger, trying out new styles, on the way to... Open Call: BLANK 01 Publication
BLANK is a thematic biannual publication exploring issues pertinent to contemporary creative... Textile Artists for Temporary Contemporary Exhibition in Huddersfield from 6th - 16th June
Temporary Contemporary is a partnership project between Kirklees Council (Markets and Creative...