Ones to Watch 2021
Deadline: 31/01/2021 | Published: 18/11/2020 | Venue: Sunny Bank Mills Gallery | City: Leeds | Sunny Bank Mills
Ones to Watch; our annual exhibition for creative students and 2020 graduates currently studying in or from Yorkshire is back!
Please submit your work to be considered for Sunny Bank Mills annual Ones To Watch exhibition!
This will be the 8th Ones to Watch exhibition. In the last 7 years over 250 Yorkshire based emerging artists have had the opportunity to exhibit in a professional setting. Many have sold work and continue to be stocked in the Gallery or featured in future exhibitions.
We are looking for artists, makers, designers and creatives working in all media; painting, sculpture, jewellery, ceramics, film, sound, text, glass, metal, performance, wood, furniture, and more...
The exhibition takes place over 2 months 13th March to 9th May. Always free to enter.
This year we have also invited external judges Dr Catriona McAra, University Curator at Leeds Arts University, Jane Bhoyroo, producer for Yorkshire Sculpture International and Hannah Obee, Director of Collections, Programming and Learning at Harewood House to help with the selection.
What's in it for me ?
- The opportunity to exhibit in a professional, established independent gallery with extensive social media + website coverage and visitor numbers. Last year we were featured in The Times as one of the few galleries to have a live exhibition supporting graduate artists when many degree shows were virtual or cancelled.
- Professional photographs of the exhibition and your work.
- The opportunity to meet and network with other artists from across the region.
- Support on how to present, price and sell your work commercially.
- Judges Prize and People's Choice Prize (voted for by visitors to the gallery) will receive money.
- Winners and runners up take part in the Ones to Watch artist residencies with free studio space for a month. (5 residencies last year)
To be eligible for this opportunity you must be either:
- a current student on a creative degree in Yorkshire
- a 2020 graduate from a creative degree in Yorkshire (including postgrad)
- a current student/or 2020 graduate from a creative degree outside of Yorkshire, if you were originally born, from or reside in Yorkshire.
The submission deadline is 31st Jan 2021.
Sunny Bank Mills Gallery
Mid-way between Leeds and Bradford; 3000 square feet of light airy exhibition and performance space in a former textile mill. Also home to the mill's Textile Archive, artist studios and a number of creative businesses including graphic designers, commercial photographers, and more.
Make a submission Contact the curator
a current student on a creative degree in Yorkshire
a 2020 graduate from a creative degree in Yorkshire (including postgrad)
a current student/or 2020 graduate from a creative degree outside of Yorkshire, if you were originally born, from or reside in Yorkshire.
You must have an account to make a submission using CuratorSpace. It's free and only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You'll need to log in to make a submission to this opportunity.
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
No Jobs in the Arts are looking for an emerging curator, linked to Leicestershire, to... New Curators
From February - October 2021 b-side will train and support 5 emerging curators from Dorset to... OPEN CALL - Art & Literature imagining a better future - ARTISTS RESPONDING TO ... Issue 5
January - Issue 5 of a free online Zine which uses creative depictions or literature to...