Open Call - 'Love Stories'
Deadline: 20/02/2019 | Published: 03/02/2019 | Venue: the Old Biscuit Factory | City: London | Region: London | Country: United Kingdom | Art Number 23Report this?
Art Number 23 is a London-based organisation, mainly responsible for curating art exhibitions inside the U.K. and overseas. The aim is to create opportunities in order to encourage and support artists from all over the world to exhibit and promote their work.
We are currently accepting your submissions for our upcoming exhibition at the Old Biscuit Factory!
The theme relates to love stories that have been depicted through art. Any types of stories about relationships, the past, the future; sad stories, happy stories; and everything else that explores and presents aspects of this part of our lives can be accepted.
Artists from all countries and of all mediums and styles are welcome to apply; including painters, sculptors, video artists, textile artists, performers and more.
Private View: 7th March 2019, 6-9pm (Admission free, no RSVP needed)
Open days/times: 8th - 12th March, 11am - 6pm
Deadline: 20th February 2019
Please note that we will be selecting the successful artists before the end of the deadline so we would suggest you not to wait until then to submit your application.
You can find all the information on how to apply below.
We look forward to your correspondence!
We are responsible for covering every aspect of the exhibition. The only thing that the artists need to do, is to deliver/post their work to us, and enjoy the exhibition we have prepared for them. Our services include:
- Catalogues (hard copies) - the catalogues include a short bio/artist statement, image of the artists' works, their email address and their website. Artists who live abroad, outside London or who are unable to attend, will receive a copy of the catalogue via post.
- e-Catalogues - a digital version of the catalogue with hyperlinks to each artist's website. Those catalogues are easy to share, and they will be there for you to order one, in case you loose your original copy of the catalogue. See our e-Catalogues here.
- Installation of the work in the venue
- Storage of the artworks for up to one week after the end of the show. We can also post your work back to you (the artists are responsible for the postage expenses).
- Promotion of the exhibition and the participants to our mailing list (more than 1500 subscribers) and on social media.
- Documentation of the artists' work in the venue.
Everyone can apply for free to participate in our shows and we do not take any commission from the sales! This is why an affordable fee will be applied only to selected artists, which will go towards the expenses of each show:
- Maintenance of the gallery space and our equipment
- Drinks for the opening event
- Posters and catalogues design
- Printing costs (posters/catalogues/labels)
- Invigilators (every day 11am-6pm)
The cost will depend on the length of wall space each artist will occupy:
1 meter - £55
2 meters - £75
3 meters - £95
Sculptures - £55 per plinth
Contact the curator
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
Yorkshire & Humber Visual Arts Network (YVAN) and Corridor8 are looking for a critical/creative... ORBIT: Submissions for Reviews/Articles for new online platform for emerging artists/writers!
ORBIT is a (for the timebeing) online initiative, aiming to support and showcase the work of... Open Call: Miniature Works
We are seeking small artworks to take part in a group show next April.