Open Call for Outdoor Visual Arts / Combined Arts Installation at Greenbelt Festival 2019
Deadline: 31/01/2019 | Published: 21/11/2018 | Venue: Greenbelt Festival, Boughton House Estate | City: Kettering | Region: Northamptonshire | Country: United Kingdom | Greenbelt Visual Arts
Paid opportunityReport this?
Greenbelt Festival is looking for Visual Arts and Combined Arts submissions for its 2019 outdoor festival of arts, activism and belief. The festival boasts a varied lineup of arts, music, talks and more, and we are looking for Visual or Combined Arts pieces that work in an outdoor setting to be exhibited in the beautiful grounds of our festival setting.
Greenbelt Festival is the leading outdoor festival of artistry and activism, with a focus on music, thatre and talks. It is progressive, political and spiritual, welcoming strong voices and opinions - those with or without faith, and regardless of background, gender and sexuality. This year the festival will be held over the bank holiday weekend (August 23rd-26th) at Boughton House, three miles north-east of Kettering. Each year the festival adopts a theme, and for 2019 it is ‘Wit and Wisdom’. You can find out more about the event here - www.greenbelt.org.uk.
Greenbelt's Team are looking for an artist/s or creator/s to exhibit outdoors around the festival site, situated in a beautiful greenfield space on the estate of Boughton House. There are open green spaces and woodland spaces to explore and we would welcome a variety of proposals that could fit in the landscape. To discover more of the landscape of Greenbelt please explore our Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenbelt/albums.
We are particularly keen on proposals that consider the festival theme (this year it is ‘Wit and Wisdom’) and ethos (blending artistry, activism, spirituality, politics, faith and justice), makes good use of the unique festival setting and engages festival goers. Greenbelt is not afraid of the provocative, imaginative or thought provoking. Those who attend the festival like to participate and be surprised by engaging hidden gems within the festival programme.
- We are looking for proposals ranging from £100 - £4,000 which will need to include all the costs around installing and de-rigging the piece.
- We can offer some practical support in the lead up to the festival and some crew support whilst on site, but please state in your application if you need this.
- The festival takes place over 4 days - Friday to Monday. The installation must be completed by 4pm on Friday 23rd August when we open to the public. The exhibition must stay in place for the duration of the festival and de-rigging cannot take place until Tuesday 27th August.
- Exhibitors will need to have their own public liability insurance (available with Artist’s Newsletter membership).
- Deadline for submission: Midnight 31st January 2019. You will be notified by end of March 2019 at the latest whether you have been successful or not.
If you would be interested in submitting please click the 'Make a Submission' tab to apply.
If your submission is selected a member of the Greenbelt Team will be in touch. To assist with publicity in the festival programme and website it will be helpful to have the following information:
- Short Artist Bio
- A selection of high res images: min. 1MB and preferably landscape
- Website/ Social Media links.
- Link to a latest video (if applicable to your work).
3 x Quotes from others about your work (if possible)
Make a submission Contact the curator
Friday: 5pm to 1am
Saturday: 9am to 1am
Sunday: 12pm to 1am
Monday: 9am to 10pm
There may be opportunities to add a blog post in the lead up to the festival and to become involved in other aspects of the festival (eg. Art School, speaking, panel discussion).
- The quality of the proposal
- Links to the festival theme 'Wit and Wisdom'
- Suitability of the exhibition for the proposed site
- Opportunities for engagement and participation of festival goers
- Connections to the festivals core values
You must have an account to make a submission using CuratorSpace. It's free and only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You'll need to log in to make a submission to this opportunity.
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
Do you use your artistic practice to speak about the exploitation of non-human animals, or... (Extra)ordinary - open call commissions
We invite submissions from individual artists, collaborating artists, producing & cultural... PAGES: 22nd International Contemporary Artists' Book Fair
We are now inviting submissions for participation in the 22nd International Contemporary...