The Art of Nude - Open Call
Deadline: 25/08/2018 | Published: 02/08/2018 | Venue: V.23 - The Old Biscuit Factory | City: London | Region: London | Country: United Kingdom | Constantine AnjulatosReport this?
Art Number 23 is a London-based organisation, mainly responsible for curating art exhibitions inside the U.K. and overseas. The aim is to create opportunities in order to encourage and support artists from all over the world to exhibit and promote their work.
Our next exhibition in our gallery at the Old Biscuit Factory, will be a collection of artworks that depict the human body in its natural form.
Artists of all mediums and from all countries are welcome to apply, including painters, sculptors, photographers, printmakers, video artists and more.
We are looking for all types of artworks (abstract, realistic etc) as long as their theme is based on the nude figure or bare body parts (hands, legs, shoulders etc).
The exhibition will be on for a week (7 days), with an opening event on Friday the 21st September (admission free, no RSVP needed).
We are responsible for covering every aspect of the exhibition. The only thing that the artists need to do, is to deliver/post their work to us, and enjoy the exhibition we have prepared for them. Our services include:
- Catalogues (hard copies) - the catalogues include a short bio/artist statement, image of the artists' works, their email address and their website. Artists who live abroad, outside London or who are unable to attend, will receive a copy of the catalogue via post.
- e-Catalogues - a digital version of the catalogue with hyperlinks to each artist's website. Those catalogues are easy to share, and they will be there for you to order one, in case you loose your original copy of the catalogue. See our e-Catalogues here.
- Installation of the work in the venue
- Storage of the artworks for up to one week after the end of the show. We can also post your work back to you (the artists are responsible for the postage expenses).
- Promotion of the exhibition and the participants to our mailing list (more than 1500 subscribers) and on social media.
- Documentation of the artists' work in the venue.
Everyone can apply for free to participate in our shows and we do not take any commission from the sales! This is why an affordable fee will be applied only to selected artists, which will go towards the expenses of each show:
- Maintenance of the gallery space and our equipment
- Drinks for the opening event
- Posters and catalogues design
- Printing costs (posters/catalogues/labels)
- Invigilators (every day 11am-6pm)
1 meter - £55
2 meters - £70
3 meters - £95
Sculptures - £55 per plinth
We look forward to your correspondence!
Contact the curator
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
We are seeking small artworks to take part in a group show next April. SOLO Open Call
SOLO, a not for profit group of artists, actively helping each other to succeed in their... Queerology-Open Call-Heavy Souls Exhibition, Switzerland
For our upcoming Heavy Souls exhibition at Emergency gallery in Switzerland we have been asked...