The Landscape - Open Call
Deadline: 15/09/2022 | Venue: Open Gallery | City: Halifax | Region: West Yorkshire | Country: United Kingdom | Alina Savko
The Open Gallery is looking for artworks on the theme of "The Landscape" for an exhibition in October 2022. The “The Landscape” art exhibition provides artists with a great opportunity to get greater exposure by exhibiting their work at the Open Gallery in front of a new audience. There will be a £50 prize for the People's favourite artist.
The Open Gallery is looking for artists to display 2D and 3D artwork in our Gallery space in Halifax. The gallery is open Tuesday - Saturday 11am - 4pm. The exhibition will run from 4th October - 20th October 2022.
Artists are invited to produce and submit original work on the theme 'The Landscape'. We will accept artwork from any individual artist who lives/works in the UK and will be able to arrange for their work to be delivered to and picked up from the gallery.
Any two-dimensional and 3D artwork can be submitted through curatorspace.com, the work can be in any media: painting, sculpture, photography, mixed media etc, on the theme "The Landscape".
1. It is free to apply. We may select one or two pieces of your work and there will be a fee of £30 per exhibiting artist .
2. Please provide a short description of your work (250 words maximum) and how is connected to the theme 'The Landscape'. This will be published in the exhibition catalogue alongside an image of your work.
3. Remember to include the price that you would like to sell your work for, including the gallery commission. If your work is not for sale, please state NFS.
4. Please include size measurements in centimetres, if work is framed then the include the size of the frame.
5. Please provide a clear photo of each piece of work that you are submitting.
6. Participants agree that any unsold work left at Open Gallery 30 days after the collection deadline will be deemed unwanted and therefore the property of the Gallery to be sold or disposed of as appropriate.
The work can be offered for sale during the exhibition, there will be a commission charge of 20% of the sale price of each piece of art, to cover the admin costs.
If you accepted, your work will be exhibited at the Open Gallery's website, social media channels and will be published in the exhibition catalogue.
By taking part in the Exhibition you agree that your images can be used for any publicity material (social media and/or printed matter like flyers or posters, etc).
There will be a £50 prize for the winner of People's choice.
Contact the curator
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
Open call for Art submissions to Issue 34 of Haus-a-rest Zine and Social media: Love, Loss and... Open Call: Fibres
Seeking artistic responses to the theme of Fibres; works exploring textiles and/or technology. The JUST ART Award
New quarterly award for artists who want to change the world through the way they live or the...