WMAG Threshold Project
Deadline: 14/07/2019 | Published: 27/02/2019 | Venue: Warrington Museum & Art Gallery | City: Warrington | Region: Cheshire | Country: United Kingdom | Roger Jeffery
Paid opportunityReport this?
We're inviting proposals from artists who are interested in creating a site specific intervention into the entrance lobby / stairwell of Warrington Museum & Art Gallery, in order to create a more engaging and welcoming visitor experience.
At Warrington Museum & Art Gallery we are particularly interested in working with artists, in order to create a more engaging and welcoming experience for our visitors.
We welcome proposals from artists; please include a breakdown of your budget in the proposal.
Update (4 July 2019)
- We are still accepting submissions for this. A number of artists have also requested more details about the brief, which we have provided below.
- Timescale: the work would need to be completed during a 2 week period while the building is closed to the public in early September and be ready when we reopen the building on 14 September 2019
- To give you an idea of the scale of the project we anticipate paying an artist for approximately 5 days work.
- There isn't a set budget for this but we are looking for proposals in the region of up to £1k, to include all costs
- We'd prefer to work with local or regionally based artists to keep the proportion of the budget allocated to travel/accommodation down to a minimum
- Please include examples of relevant past work in your submission and be specific about what you're proposing, in clear language
- We'd suggest proposing something simple that has a strong and welcoming visual impact. Something that is extremely detailed or overly reliant on text isn't ideal on a stairwell for obvious safety reasons. The purpose of the work is simply to make the entrance more welcoming and to encourage people to venture up the stairs! The work could reference Warrington's history, it's collections, the architecture of the building, or it could be purely abstract or geometric.
Update (12 July 2019)
A few artists have asked for detailed plans of the space. We have added a few more images to give you an idea of the space. It's mainly the area where the 5 black snap frames are and the walls immediately after that. Basically a single flight of stairs. We're not expecting proposals to have very detailed plans at this stage, we're more interested in your ideas for how we can make the space more welcoming.Contact the curator
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
The theme for this year's 'eighthwonder' exhibition is Muse. “The muses are ghosts, and... Creative Writer/Resident Writers
Kaur and Baleem Creatives are looking for poets/spoken word writers to perform at a live and... All Of The World Is A Stage - Summer Edition
Following the success of their first event, Kaur and Baleem Creatives are looking for artists,...