Artizan Bursaries - 2022 Exhibition Programme
Deadline: 31/10/2021 | Published: 15/09/2021 | Venue: Artizan Gallery | City: Torquay | Region: Devon | Country: United Kingdom | Artizan Gallery
With all fingers, toes and extremities crossed, we hope that 2022 will be our first fully uninterrupted year since 2018. And as such, we are looking to celebrate a return to our usual programming with a year of Bursary Exhibitions at Artizan.
Rather than taking bookings for the year ahead, we’ll be expanding our Bursary programme with a range of fully and partially funded opportunities, and curating a year of activity based on the submissions we receive to this opportunity.
This will include a range of exhibition bursaries, from full 100% fee bursaries across all of our spaces, to online curated showcases with our partners at Artsy.net
There are up to 30 opportunities available for solo, group and virtual shows and this will be the primary route through which we programme for the year ahead.
There is a small fee for the chance to be in with winning a bursary show, all proceeds from which go toward continuing our work to deliver opportunities for artists in the South West.
For full details and to enter, proceed with the form, or for more information contact us through Curatorspace.
The Main Awards are:
- One fully paid bursary solo exhibition in their Main Gallery space;
- One fully paid bursary solo exhibition in their Courtyard Gallery space;
Up to 30 additional awards will be made from the below:
- Several 25% - 75% bursary reductions for solo exhibitions across both spaces;
- Several 25% - 75% bursary reductions for group exhibition offers in the Main Gallery space;
- Online viewing rooms delivered by global art platform Artsy.net (visit their viewing rooms for examples https://www.artsy.net/viewing-rooms)
And individual works awards will include:
- Consideration for selection in the Artizan Collective Curated show due to run for a minimum of one month in 2022.
- All exhibition awards, including Artsy.net viewing rooms, are 3 weeks long
- The chance to be included in the Artizan Collective Curated Show, an invitational exhibition which will not be subject to an open call
For physical exhibitions only:
- 25% - 100% fee reductions on exhibition hire costs (based on our rates of £225/week for the main gallery and £125/week for the courtyard gallery)
- All of Artizan's usual exhibition services including:
- Fully stewarded exhibition
- Curated and hung by the Artizan team
- A two hour artist preview event to launch your exhibition
- Full exhibition photography provided as high res and low res jpegs for print and digital use
- Exhibition promotion on 10+ listings including premium promotion outlets
- Exhibition promotion across our social media platforms
- Exhibition landing page on our site (see https://www.art-hub.co.uk/ex/erwo21 for an example page)
- Works under £200 will be promoted as part of our Artist Support Pledge work (see art-hub.co.uk/artistsupportpledge)
- Exposure in the English Riviera’s premier selective exhibition gallery
- Opportunity for commercial sales of work
For Artsy.net viewing rooms:
- A fully curated viewing room on the Artsy.net platform under our profile with them
- Exposure on Artsy.net the leading global marketplace for selling and buying art online, with a network of 2 million+ collectors and enthusiasts
- Inclusion in our 2022 Hybrid Exhibition programme capturing our full calendar across online and physical venues
- Promotion across all of our platforms (including newsletters and social media channels)
- Promotion in our physical venues
What's not included in the awards?
- Staffing costs for an artist preview are included in the awards but the cost of refreshments is to be covered by the exhibitors
- Commission of 35% to be taken on all sales
For Artsy.net viewing rooms:
- These require provision of a significant volume of high quality, professional digital content (such as artwork images and wider images such as studio shots to contextualise your work and practice). The award cannot be delivered without this content and if you require Artizan's services to produce this, these costs are not included.
What you'll need to provide
- Full Name
- Contact Details
- Address of your home or studio
- Artist Statement
- Images representative of your work and ability, demonstrating the capacity to work in a consistent series (these do not need to be images of the works/series you will exhibit)
- A brief explanation of why the bursary would help you
- Confirmation that you have read and agreed to the award terms and conditions (https://www.art-hub.co.uk/bursariesterms)
- Confirmation that you will pay the submission fee of £10 for consideration (award payments can be made here https://www.art-hub.co.uk/product-page/bursary22)
Key Dates and Opening Hours
Our opening hours are subject to regular review based on seasonal trends. Current minimum core opening for 2022 is anticipated to be Wednesday-Saturday, 10:00 - 17:30.
The deadline for entries is 31st October 2021. The Awardees will be invited to submit additional information or have offers made before end of November 14th. Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
The Award is offered in 2022 only unless deferral is granted by Artizan Gallery. Artizan Gallery will work to agree a three-week period that is suitable for themselves and the Awardee but in the case that this cannot be agreed does not guarantee to defer or honour the Award.
Make a submission Contact the curator
Be in a position to take advantage of the available bursary offer in the year 2022;
Have or otherwise reasonably expect to have, a sufficient body of consistent, high quality work to take advantage of the offered opportunity during the year 2022;
Be in a position to agree to the Artizan Gallery Terms & Conditions for Exhibitors, found here https://www.art-hub.co.uk/exhibitionsterms.
You must have an account to make a submission using CuratorSpace. It's free and only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You'll need to log in to make a submission to this opportunity.
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
the MASS is a monthly online collection of discursive art, articles, opinions, prompts,... SCULPTURE IN THE CITY - 11th Edition: 3D Sculpture Category
Sculpture in the City is an award-winning urban sculpture park which launches every year in... SCULPTURE IN THE CITY - 11th Edition: 2D Graphic Installation Category
Sculpture in the City is an award-winning urban sculpture park which launches every year in...