Call for Submissions - Forget Me Not Press Issue 1
Deadline: 30/09/2021 | Published: 12/08/2021 | City: Online | Kristen Donoghue-Stanford
ISSUE THEME - 'HAUNTING'. SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN AUGUST 1ST - SEPTEMBER 30TH
We want to know what 'haunts' you, whether that be in a literal or psychological sense. Do you have stories of things going bump in the night? Or is there a memory you just can't shake? Or, perhaps, there is an understanding of what it means to be haunted that we just don't know about yet, but you are the right person to tell us! Take this theme and make it yours!
Code of Conduct:
At Forget Me Not Press we believe that Writing and Art are for everyone, and that the world can only be improved by the telling of different and unique stories. We want the Press to be a safe space for all; those underrepresented in the arts, BIPOC/BAME and LGBTQIA+ creators, and people with disabilities. If you identify with any of these groups, please let us know (if you wish to) when you submit, or, where we can continue to improve in our work. We understand as two cisgendered white women that we have a responsibility to consistently reflect upon our process, product, and identity, for bias/prejudice that have been ingrained in us through privilege.
We therefore want to make it clear that we have no interest in giving a platform to racism, sexism, misogyny, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, shaming (body or otherwise), plagiarism, misrepresentation, and purposeless or gratuitous physical or sexual violence. All pieces that we feel engage with this sort of mentality will be dismissed and no response will be given.
Fees and Payment:
At the current time, Forget Me Not Press runs on a volunteer base. Therefore we do not have the ability to pay the writers and artists that so kindly contribute to our Press. It would be lovely if that was something we might be able to offer in the future, but right now, as we cannot do that, we do not feel comfortable asking for submission fees when we cannot pay back our contributors for their work. If at any time this should change we shall be sure to make an announcement.
1. Make sure your work fits the Issue's theme
2. We accept previously unpublished work only, we do however accept simultaneous submissions. Please just let us know, if during the submission period, your piece is accepted elsewhere and we will remove it from our pile.
3. We ask for first-time digital publication rights. Your piece first and foremost belongs to you, however we ask that you do not publish a piece we have accepted before it appears in Forget Me Not Press. Once it has been published, all rights will revert back to you as the artist/author. If your piece is published elsewhere in the future, we just ask that you credit Forget Me Not Press with its initial publication.
4. Submissions should be one piece per document, all documents attached to a single email.
5. Please only submit to a Maximum of TWO Categories (ex. Poetry and Short Story)
6. Please include any relevant content warnings in the body of your email upon submission.
7. All submissions must include an Updated CV.
8. Make sure your work is proofread and complete before submitting. We are a small team working on a volunteer basis and cannot accommodate large scale edits.
9. We cannot accommodate providing feedback right now. If your piece is turned down, please do not email our team asking for edits, or feedback beyond what may or may not be provided.
10. We only accept work from creators 18 years of age or older.
Prose and Poetry Submissions
1. Prose can include short stories, flash fiction, creative non-fiction, “poetic” prose, anecdotes, etc. We however are not looking for Criticism, Review, or Essays at this time.
2. Please submit all written pieces as a Word Document. We will not be accepting written pieces in PDF format.
3. All Prose and Poetry should not exceed more than a maximum of 6 pages.
4. Only one piece of Prose is to be submitted per category per Submission Period.
5. A maximum of 3 poems can be submitted per Submission Period.
6. Double space your Prose work. Poetry can be single spaced.
7. If you have questions about formatting, or categories your work may fit into, please do not hesitate to reach out and contact us.
1. Please submit all Visual/Media Artwork is submitted using high-res formats so that we may showcase the best quality of your work (ie. 300dpi/1080 HD).
2. Links directly to works on professional portfolio sites may also be submitted.
3. Please no more than 3 submissions of Artwork per submission period. However, you may include up to 5 images per work.
4. Please include an Artist statement for each piece that is submitted. Please attach them in a separate document and label them accordingly.
5. Please include the following information for each work submitted: Title, Medium, and Year the work was completed.
6. With your submission we would appreciate any links to portfolio websites, social media, etc. where your work is displayed.
Contact the curator
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
the MASS is a monthly online collection of discursive art, articles, opinions, prompts,... SCULPTURE IN THE CITY - 11th Edition: 3D Sculpture Category
Sculpture in the City is an award-winning urban sculpture park which launches every year in... SCULPTURE IN THE CITY - 11th Edition: 2D Graphic Installation Category
Sculpture in the City is an award-winning urban sculpture park which launches every year in...