DEADLINE EXTENDED: Art Maze Exhibition, Bargehouse Oxo Tower Wharf, London, 23 -27 February 2022
Deadline: 05/02/2022 | Published: 22/01/2022 | Venue: Bargehouse | City: South Bank | Region: London | Country: United Kingdom | Exhibit Here
If you’re looking for an unconventional, raw, and edgy space to exhibit your art, Bargehouse is calling your name!
Exhibit Here is so excited to announce that we are returning to Bargehouse for the fourth time in February 2022. This entire monumental 4-storey raw warehouse space will once again be ours for one week and we can't wait to fill this vast blank canvas with all your amazing art.
Bargehouse provides a unique and versatile backdrop for exhibitions and its location is amazing; it’s situated within Oxo Tower Wharf on the South Bank of the River Thames, just behind the famous Oxo Tower, surrounded by iconic landmarks such as the London Eye, Tate Modern, and St Paul's Cathedral.
There are 13 different spaces within Bargehouse, each room is incredibly atmospheric with original features and quirks and Exhibit Here is looking for artists to transform them into a haunting and immersive maze of art.
There is no theme to the exhibition, it has been left open to encourage a diverse response, however if your work has a haunting element to it, this would be a bonus as artwork of this nature would especially add to the overpowering atmosphere in Bargehouse.
Exhibit Here is looking for artworks in the following mediums:
- Canvas or framed wall-based artworks
- Sculptural pieces (small and large)
- Video art
- Sound art
- Neon light art
- It’s free to submit your work (fee only payable if selected)
- The Exhibition Fee is £350 and permits you to exhibit up to six artworks (depending on the size)
- If your submission is successful, you will be notified within seven days of submitting your work
- You are responsible for installing your own artwork under Exhibit Here’s guidance
- Installation: 22 February 2022, 12.30pm – 4.30pm
- De-installation: 28 February 2022, 10.30am – 1.30pm
Included in the £350 Exhibition Fee:
- Full five-day exhibition, with one late night Private View.
- Professionally organised by Leila Bibizadeh, a curator with eight years’ experience, who is on hand throughout to offer friendly expert guidance and advice.
- Approximately 2 metres of wall space to display up to six artworks (this may vary depending on the size of artworks and range of walls at Bargehouse).
- Spaces that are carefully allocated to not only ensure works visually fit the space, but that when hung together with the work of other artists, complement, and feed off each other creating a story that unravels as visitors explore the exhibition.
- Invigilation throughout the duration of the show.
- Only 10% commission on the sale of works.
- Exhibition promotion online.
- Advertisements in backlit silver cases located around the vicinity of Bargehouse throughout the week of the exhibition.
- All the complex logistics of organising an exhibition taken care of for you, just hang your work and you're done!
Submissions from art collectives also welcome:
- A collective of up to four artists exhibiting one artwork each
- All four artists would each be required to pay an Exhibition Fee of £87.50 (totalling £350), but this payment would need to be made by one person on behalf of all those exhibiting.
-All four artists would have their names on one Exhibition Agreement and each artist would be required to sign this document.
As a collective, all four artworks (if wall based) would need to fit within approximately 2 metres of wall space in line with independent exhibitors.
Contact the curator
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
Cornwall Zine Library in collaboration with Fish Factory Arts would like to offer the... OPPOSITIONS - Virtual Group Show
We are now accepting submissions for our Virtual Exhibition ‘OPPOSITIONS’. DEADLINE: 18th... Call for applications Makers Market -National Festival of Making
Artists, makers and designers are invited to apply to take part in the Makers Market at the...