Sculpture Lounge, Holmfirth, need a freelance Clay Sculpture tutor
Deadline: 02/12/2022 | City: Holmfirth | Region: West Yorkshire | Country: United Kingdom | Jamie Frost
Sculpture Lounge Ltd is seeking an inspirational sculptor or ceramicist to lead the clay hand-building classes at our growing clay school. Sculpture Lounge is an arts organisation with a specialism in 3-dimensional art forms. We have an exhibition schedule and education program which aims to provide exciting, memorable and top quality art experiences to the public. Our building is home to around twenty professional artists.
The tutor is required to make an immediate start on our current Monday morning class, with at least one more class expected to be scheduled in the new year. Ideally the tutor would be actively involved in building a program of clay classes and courses at the Sculpture Lounge.
- Experience as a practising artist working in clay. Particular strengths should be traditional hand-building skills and sculpture making.
- An inspirational, patient, nurturing teacher, preferably with experience of working with adults in a classroom setting.
- A clear communicator.
- Punctual and responsible for their own schedule.
- Able to manage the studio environment, tools and materials, safely and effectively.
Our tutor is expected to plan and deliver 6-week terms of 3 hour classes.
Ancillary duties include:
- Keeping the classroom in good order, maintaining contact with students and the directors of SL regarding the smooth running of classes. This typically includes discussions about tools and materials required, making sure participants have all the information they need, keeping class members informed of anything relevant to the sessions.
- It is the tutor’s responsibility to organise the students regarding storage of their own work. Our tutor also prepares refreshments (provided by SL Ltd.) for each session, ensuring the kitchen is left clean and tidy at the end of each class.
- We would like our tutor to be able to help the students pack their own work in the kiln. It is preferable that you have this experience but if not we would be happy to train you to do this.
- The tutor would be engaged on a self employed basis.
- Pay is £70 - £90 per 3 hour class based on experience, including all ancillary duties described.
- Invoices should be made out twice per six week term.
- Term times generally fit Kirklees school dates but there is some flexibility.
- Our current class is Mondays from 10.30 -1.30.
- Tutor must have their own public liability insurance.
- All teaching would be undertaken at Holmbridge Mill, Bank Lane, Holmbridge, Holmfirth, HD92NE
Contact the curator
You must have an account to send a message to the curator of this opportunity. Registering only takes a few moments. Once registered you'll be able to keep track of all of your submissions and get updates on upcoming opportunities.
Already have an account? You must log in to send this curator a message.
Get the latest CuratorSpace news, updates about new opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and art-related promotions.
SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN! We are searching for visual artists to submit their art to be showcased in... // Open Call for Artists - Love, Loss and Indifference //
Open call for Art submissions to Issue 34 of Haus-a-rest Zine and Social media: Love, Loss and... Open Call: Fibres
Seeking artistic responses to the theme of Fibres; works exploring textiles and/or technology.